PDA

View Full Version : Light period really worried :(

Girl_Interrupted
31-10-11, 21:32
Can anyone help with this as its really worrying me :( My cycle is normally 28 days I came off the pill over a year ago after 15 years on the pill. Every month right on 28 days I have a short bleed then it stops for a few days and then starts again. It has been like this since stopping the pill. My flow is normal. However this month has been slightly different, I started bleeding on the 28th day, (24th October) it then stopped, nothing then until last night had light spotting, then it came through more red (sorry tmi) but its very light. I've got all the cramping, back ache that goes with it all, so i'm a little confused and worried. I have been under alot of stress and anxiety this week so maybe this has affected it. I'm only 36 and scared i'm going through the menopause!!!

Thyme
31-10-11, 21:43
Most women mirror the pattern of their mothers so unless your mum had an early menopause it is unlikely you will. I would say that you are just having one of those periods that are slightly different from the others and it is nothing to worry about. Don't forget that what goes on in the rest of your life can and does affect your hormones which change concentration on a daily basis. Look at it as a blessing to not have to use quite so much protection this month, thereby saving a bit of money!!!!

Girl_Interrupted
31-10-11, 21:50
Hi Thyme thanks for ur response, my mum was 46 I think when she went through the menopause, my sister is 50 and going through it now!! So maybe its stress related, I am thinking about starting a family have done for over a year, I'm worried that i'm running out of time to have a family!! I have read that a light period does not mean I can't get pregnant and the older we get periods can get lighter. Maybe i'm just stressing and this is making it worse :(

PinkRoxy
31-10-11, 21:51
I dont think its menopause.

However its normal for the pill to mess with your body a little, I remember freaking out when I first starting taking the pill because I had spotted black blood andI thought this was not right plus I had health scares relating to periods.

Anyway I wouldnt be too worried about it aye because its normal to have light periods at times. But if you are worried then maybe mention it to your gp and they will reassure you from there.

haz
31-10-11, 22:02
Hi. I've just finished "googling" the cause of bleeding between periods. I'm on day 14 of my cycle. I've just done a pregnancy and ovulation test and both were negative. This doesn't usually happen to me and it has scared me a little. However, after googling it is apparently quite common to "spot" around the time of ovulation OR if you have been under a lot of STRESS, which I have recently as my boyfriend is in hospital at the moment. Anyway, I'm not going to stress myself out about it any more. I'll monitor it and if need be, make a doctor's appt.

Also, I;m 43 and am pretty sure I;m going through perimenopause.

The joys of being a woman! And I don't even have any kids!! :)

Girl_Interrupted
31-10-11, 22:16
Thanks guys of ur responses :) it is totally stressful being a women!! Its hard because my instincts are telling me that I want kids, I cant switch that feeling off!! This has just worried me that's all. I did speak to my sister and she seems to think that its stress related, and not menopausal! I think that's why I fear it so much that I've left it to long to have children. I did have a spark of faith though, at work today a colleague is expecting and she is 45! so maybe there is still hope for us :)

haz
31-10-11, 22:36
My friend is 45 and pregnant for the first time! She has an anxiety disorder and is reducing her citalopram at the moment. I'm happy being an Auntie, my nephew will be one year old in December. x

Girl_Interrupted
31-10-11, 22:42
Oh wow congratulations to ur friend :) its good to hear good news and gives us hope as well :)

I dont really want to rush of to the dr's 2morrow as i'm not sure what he will say or do!! maybe this is something I should leave until next month and see what my period is like then. I just hope it will all be ok :)

miniholly
31-10-11, 23:31
Hi Girl Interrupted
I can understand what you're going through,you mention you came off the pill which can majorly affect your cycle, i came off the pill over 2 months ago (i'm now back on it as i couldn't take the symptoms from coming off it much longer!) and my periods since have been very strange - such as lasting only for around 3 and a half days unlike the 4 days i had when i was on the pill - and the symptoms that come along with it (sore breasts mainly) which freaked me out too, but then i eventually realized it was due to stopping the pill. it can take a while for the pill to get out of your system so you might have weird periods for a bit and you might even miss a period or have a longer cycle than usual so try not to freak out if that happens too :)
your periods will be normal again soon but if in doubt see the doc, hope you start to feel a bit better about things soon :flowers: