PDA

View Full Version : Back from my holidays......NIGHTMARE!!!!!

sarah
19-04-04, 20:09
Hiya All

As some of you from the chatroom know, Ive just been to the south coast (camber sands - near hastings) for a nice little break (in an 8 berth caravan with 5 adults and 4 kids - should have known better -you were right Nic, should have listened to you!). Now I dont think im going to get anwhere near as bad as charlies 'toptastic easter break' but like you charlie, i need to get this off my chest!!!![8D]

We were supposed to leave Wednesday morning but I forgot to dry some washing my husband needed so we ended up leaving at around 2pm much to the disgust of my darling Steve.[V]

Got stuck in major traffic on the M25 so that was a great start, diverted off, hubby went right instead of straight on at some lights..here begins argument 2 (he was blaming ME...as if!!!.:(

Got there late afternoon in the midst of a big argument between kids and their mum... she promised them they could go swimming and she didnt want to take them....here begins the 'Sarah cant you take us please, please, PLEASE!!!!' - how do you explain to a 12,11,10 and 8 year old that im a nutcase unable to go anywhere without my hubby glued to my hand?[?]

It was stressful, noisy and our bed was in the living area so on the second night when Steve went to the local bar with his mate, I was left with the kids, their mum and her mum!!! the 2 mums went to bed and left me with the kids. I made up my bed, went to the loo and came back and they were all in my b***** bed!! They wanted to play the playstation (We never had playstations in caravans when I was a kid!!). I let them play, they mucked around, broke my bed and fell asleep on me. Guys came home, sent kids to their own beds and proceeded to make more noise than the kids.:(

Steve said he was stressed so we left after 2 nights (if you think he was stressed, you can imagine the state I was in), we left on the friday afternoon to go to brighton, book in a hotel and have the weekend to ourselves. Got to brighton..all hotels either booked up or £200 for 2 nights..no way we paying that so we drove home, went to our fave restaurant..table wait was 2 hours, got a kebab instead, went home and passed out around midnight.[|)]

Went to the cinema on Saturday - saw Shaun of the Dead - very good, went to Epsom Downs so Steve could fly his kite (yawn), had a massive argument because he asked me how I was feeling and I said 'A little anxious' so he exploded!!! (shouldnt of asked then should he?)[}:)]

He went out on his own on Saturday night cos I told him to get stuffed, so at 11am on Sunday I was woken with breakfast in bed and the sunday papers (this has NEVER happened before - he must have felt guilty....GOOD!!!).[:0]

Ok so ive missed out loads of arguments and one pretty potent panic attack on the first night but I think theres only so much moaning I can do in one post. Suffice it to say, im NEVER going on holiday with these particular friends (kids attached or not) and I feel soooo jittery now, I think the holiday did me a whole world of BAD. (you were right SU, I do feel worse now im home...lol):D

love n stuff
Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

kate
19-04-04, 20:30
Sarah,

I have just asked you in another post whether you had a nice holiday!!!

After writing that I then came upon this posting!!!

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy yourself and after you had made such a big effort to actually GO on holiday!

Still, you survived it and lived to tell the tale.

Next time, book a kid free holiday in a hotel!!

Kate x

Meg
19-04-04, 20:33
Oh Sarah,

It must have been really hard for you for those 2 days even, being so surrounded by bounding children and not having your own private space.

I think it's great that it was Steve who admitted stress and wanted to leave ... Well done you for hanging in there. You know you can travel and accomplish successes on holiday as you did it last autumn and had a good time.

This was pure circumstancial and the lack of sleep wouldn't have helped either.

I agree with the shouldn't have asked then .. Gary used to ask ' What are you thinking about' and when I told him straight, you could see him cringing and wondering what sort of crazy woman he was with.

I hope you settle down over the next few days and get back to how you were pre expedition.

Meg

twister
20-04-04, 14:09
Good lord I feel panicky just at the thought of all the kids in a confined space!

Emily

Lottie32
22-04-04, 20:29
Sarah

You may think my toptastic Easter break was worse, but let me tell you NO WAY would I have swapped my entire easter holiday for yours!!!!!!

At least I got to go home every night to an empty house and sleep in my bed!!!!!

However, I do think you were particularly unlucky. I have had two very nice mini breaks in a three berther in Heacham (middle of nowhere in Norfolk) with friend and her two brats. Who weren't.

the best thing about going away with kids is what you can get away with - we spent four hours on the first day there flying kites on the beach with the kids (although if you ask her kids they will tell you a different story) Their version is that they were forced to sit in the freezing cold and howling gale whilst their mum and her best mate ran up and down the beach feeling all liberated and having a return to their childhood moment with two £1.99 kites. (Sorry Sarah - but I'm with your hubby on this one!!!)

Hope you're somewhere near recovered now?

Love x

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.