PDA

View Full Version : some advise please

mikejames
01-11-11, 09:14
HI I don't often post but am having a terrible day
I have struggled since about May but carried on work etc for the sake of my family and me but think have reached point break

my drinking is through the ROOF daily along with tamazpem etc - please don't be judgemental I know as well as you

Have got myself a doctors appointment at 1 today and I know I need to be honest but I can't go into rehab or have much time off work

Any advise would be great as I know you are all good people who suffer with this nightmare as well

Mike

@GasManBrown
01-11-11, 10:28
Hi there

I'm pretty new to all this as I had my first serious attack last Wednesday and then have been hit with constant panic attacks and awful anxiety, i'm trapped in my house!
While I was in hospital they did my blood tests and my liver reading was really high which scared me, I love a drink, the only time I would not drink is when im really rough, going to work and having alcohol sweats but always blaming other things for it, homelife, work stress and all I was doing was masking my depression, I was always being told I drunk too much by my other half and Mum and I would bat it away but I knew I had a probem, im not going to suck eggs with you, I think you already know what you need to do! I have not had a drink since last Tuesday now which is a world record by by my standards, Do I feel better for it? No not really but it just has to be done, make that your starting point,small changes that cant do no harm on a long road to recovery

mikejames
01-11-11, 10:35
thanks matey for your reply and I know you are right but i just can't see the wood for the trees at the moment and well you know if something makes you feel better you have it
I know it is doing more harm than good I know it is wrong and god knows where I will end up if carry on like this but I can't just quit - think need to break the cycle and that's where doctor and me come in

Dan1975
01-11-11, 17:26
Hmmmmm....tricky one this. Sounds like ur drinking every night. Why don't u try having a drink every other night and c how u go. I also like a drink. It helps my mood a bit and aids sleep but I know its not the answer. I try to limit it to 3 or 4 nights a week otherwise I worry about my liver. It will b hard write first but u will settle into a new routine.

Dan

lynn1960
01-11-11, 19:01
hi be honest with the doc i was always told that drink is adepressant which could make you feel worse why not try to cut down easier said than done but just easirer and see if it helps hope you got on ok today pm me any time if i can help or you want to talk all the best

sarahjb
04-11-11, 17:27
I hear what you are saying. Drinking isnt the best way to deal with anxiety but I really think you need to tackle things one at a time. work on one thing at a time and put the rest aside. Its the only way I can get through things. If you try and fix everything at once you just end up disappointed and feel youve failed. Sarah:)

theharvestmouse
04-11-11, 17:33
try to cut down first, then try to stop drinking every day. Gradually reduce it more and more. I know its hard because I was drinking a lot and felt like I couldnt go outside without having a few beers before hand, even work. Now I don't drink, and the anxiety is not as heightened as it was when I was drinking a lot.