PDA

View Full Version : Mucus (gross)

janei
01-11-11, 12:44
Hi there,

Please can anyone reassure me as I am going crazy with worry about this. I have IBS and find that sometimes when I am having a bad day I just pass gas and mucous without any stool. It seems to go on for the whole day and completely freaks me out. Every time that I feel like I need to pass wind, I have to go to the loo as the mucous comes out as well. It makes me feel so dirty.

Is there anyone else out there who has this disgusting symptom?

Thanks,

Jane x

Jamesk
01-11-11, 12:48
Hi there,

Please can anyone reassure me as I am going crazy with worry about this. I have IBS and find that sometimes when I am having a bad day I just pass gas and mucous without any stool. It seems to go on for the whole day and completely freaks me out. Every time that I feel like I need to pass wind, I have to go to the loo as the mucous comes out as well. It makes me feel so dirty.

Is there anyone else out there who has this disgusting symptom?

Thanks,

Jane x

To set your mind at rest, I am sure "a friend" of mine has experienced this. :blush:

janei
01-11-11, 13:12
Hi James,

does your 'friend' get this often and how does he/she deal with it? Does it carry on all day or just occur as a 'one off'

Thanks for replying

Jane x

Jamesk
01-11-11, 13:18
Hi James,

does your 'friend' get this often and how does he/she deal with it? Does it carry on all day or just occur as a 'one off'

Thanks for replying

Jane x

I, I mean "they" get it periodically, but on those occassions it tends to go on all day. Normally the result of not having eaten properly combined with anxiety.

Genrally it is just a case of having to grin and bear it for the day.

janei
01-11-11, 13:20
Thanks for the reassurance - drives you mad, doesn't it?

Hope you are having a good day?

Jane x

bronte
01-11-11, 13:51
yes i get it it usually lasts all day gross i know but what colour is the mucus x

countrygirl
01-11-11, 14:08
I have had this as well with and without a poo:blush: I had it for a week once and of course rushed off to my Dr. I had all the tests including colonoscopy 3 yrs ago so know that I don't even had a polyp let alone anything else and the Dr told me that your bowels produce mucus all the time but whenever irritated be it by ibs or virus etc then they produce more of it.

For my benefit she did the occult fecal stool tests and bloods and sample but all were normal and she said that it is okay to leave it 6 weeks with a change in bowel habit before seeing a Dr as long as there is not blood or dehydration or severe pain.

I also find that every day I pass "rabbit droppings" usually in the evening and about a hour later I get a bit of mucus its just the rabbit droppings irritating the lining of the bowel.