PDA

View Full Version : Darkness falls and so it begins

@GasManBrown
01-11-11, 17:45
I dont know if anyone else suffers like me? I seem to be ok in the day, a few twinges here and there but as soon as it gets dark I can feel my stomach start grumbling and the Panic Attacks starting.
Its causing me to be depressed in the day then anxious all night.
Any tips? im really at my wits end with this, My girlfriend will be home soon and so I have to put a front on so she does not worry but I just dont have the energy to keep it up :emot-fail:

Helen1985
01-11-11, 19:51
Yes alot of the time in the day im fine, like u said the odd twinge but nothing major. but as soon as it hits 6pm i suddenly feel dizzy etc its strange lol. I hope someone can give some advice hun, just want you to no your not alone x

melvin
01-11-11, 20:10
hi guys
im the same i feel like im rushing to get my work done before it gets dark then i feel the stress start to kick in

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

hi gasman brown
i know where ur comeing from im allso a gas eng

@GasManBrown
01-11-11, 21:02
Thanks Helen and Melvin for the reply, its strange that it starts at night? i'm kinda glad it's not just me, its coming up to 9pm and i'm just sat waiting for it which is an awful feeling, I get a gut wrenching knot under my left rib cage and around my heart, I hate feeling like this, how long have you guys been suffering? only had this 6 days and i'm miserable

Helen1985
01-11-11, 21:37
About 4 months now, i seem to be fine in the day, sometimes get a bout of dizzyness etc but manage to calm myself down pretty easily but its totally differant at night, i feel so so ill sometimes at night with it i sometimes think.... oh god this is it im gonna doe feels like my heads gonna exsplode lol!! I do have better weeks now tho, i mean i can go a week with getting to sleep fine then ill have a bad few days but it is less and less so u can beat this :) xxxx

Littlehelper123
01-11-11, 22:52
im a bit like this - during the day im okay but as soon as it gets to night time i start freaking out - i find doing a lot during the day and exercising really helps at night because it makes me tired , so when it comes to going to bed , im nackered. Green tea helps me too =) Try KALMS NIGHT , they are herbal tablets that really take the edge off of things. Just give them a go =) they wont harm you because theyre a herb , they either work or they dont and thankfully they do with me. Theyre about a fiver from boots. try them

good luck
xx

Chem
01-11-11, 23:07
Sitting waiting for them allows the fear to take hold. Try to distract yourself reading, cooking, watching TV, music, etc.

@GasManBrown
01-11-11, 23:38
The thing with me is all this is still less than a week old for me, I cant leave the house yet, I am also off work with severe tennis elbow, i'm waiting on a operation, I was taking Amitriptyline to help me sleep and they think it was that what the Panic Attack off, was only taking it 3 days so was not in my system but i'm still having 3-6 attacks a night and I cant understand why? I will try the herbal thing if I can get someone to go for me, I had my first friend round tonight judt dropping some stuff off and my heart was going mental and thats a friend in my own home!

very worried :scared15:

Brownin
02-11-11, 01:22
I'm sorry to hear this GasManBrown. I used to get this a lot a few years back. The only way I can physically sleep now is if I have the laptop streaming something for me to go to sleep to. I don't know how wise this is or if is even possible in your situation but just an idea... :)
Does the anxiety and attacks not stop once your girlfriend is around you, just when I see my girlfriend I feel a million times better and can even manage to sleep with nothing on the laptop. Oh and btw does she know how bad your feeling...? Make sure u dont leave her in the dark about anything, I'm sure she will be willing to help you :)

@GasManBrown
02-11-11, 09:10
Morning Brownin

I am trying everything, I spent £7 on relaxtion music, water trickling with a piano looping through it, that sort of thing but I had an attack within a minute of putting it on, at the moment I am sleeping downstairs because my first attack was while I was asleep and as soon as I get in my bed the anxiety is out of control, I dont want to disturb her either by getting up and down all the time, downstairs I can watch tv, put the radio on or just listen to my Ipod, I tried playing x-box when it struck last night to see if I could occupy my mind? never worked and ended u making me worse.
I am trying to talk to her but its difficult, she really doesnt get whats happening to me, she thinks that I should not use these message boards because I will read things and think that will happen to me? but thats not true, i'm finding it a great help to be honest.

R.Barratt
02-11-11, 11:07
hi i am new to the website. i have the opposite to you. i feel awful in the day and struggle constantly but at the night in am able to relax at home.
i know how awful it feels. i am sorry you are suffering. are you getting any help from your doctor or councillors?
i understand its easier to shut people out as i do with my boyfriend but maybe if you communicate with her it may help

starshine
02-11-11, 12:20
Sorry to hear you're feeling like this. I'm the same, im actually ok at night but as soon as the sun rises it's on. Swap ya for a while? :) lol

I dont know if i'm the best person to be giving advice as I just had a day from hell, but I take mirtazapine 30mg at night right before bed, and honestly it just knocks you right out and does give you quite a good nights sleep.

Also re: your girlfriend, its almost impossible to explain to somebody who has never experienced anxiety or a panic attack before how terrifying this condition can be. Its kind of one of those have to experience it before you understand things. I say this coz before my first panic episode my poor boyfriend had been suffering anxiety himself, and i found it hard to understand what he was going through....until now of course :doh:

@GasManBrown
02-11-11, 12:47
thanks for your comments, its always nice to talk.
I have tried showing her some messages and informatio I have found on-line but I just dont think she is really getting how bad I am so I end up just going quiet on her as though i'm wasting my breath and i'm too tired to keep trying.
I have been to the Doctors and i'm on Fluoxetine and Propranolol, I will give these ago and if I get no better I will go back.
I think I would rather have it the other way, I am shattered from lack of sleep, im getting 2 hours sleep a day, it's not enough and is only making my anxiety much worse, wish I could relax, im not having a good day today, feel really sick and have an awful pain in my chest under my rib cage.

melvin
02-11-11, 19:19
hi gasman
iv had anxiety around 10 yrs now . had every symptom under the sun i think but hey im still here lol