PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety- looking for a therapist.

Maisyp
01-11-11, 19:29
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I have been dealing with the death of my nephew who passed away suddenly. SADS. It's been a very very long year. I am panic stricken with anxiety about my own health. It's been tough. I went on a cbt course six sessions. At the time I felt better but off late...feeling really off. I have decided to try and see a therapist/counsellor privately. Any pointers on what i should be looking for? I haven't a clue of what to look for. I found several on a website by putting in my postcode..so many qualifications etc...any advice would be very welcome. Thank you. M.

ElizabethJane
01-11-11, 21:56
The best course of action is to see whether your GP can recommend someone for you to see. There are many types of therapy which could possibly help you. I have had psychotherapy in a group and individual plus CBT and more recently hypnosis. It is worth talking to your GP and seeing what he/she suggests. I would not just pull a name from a phone book or website. I hope this helps. EJ.

Maisyp
02-11-11, 13:10
Thanks for the advice. Just got back from my GP and have to go back next week for a referral and course of action. Just want to feel normal..

NoPoet
26-12-11, 19:22
Hi, consider getting in touch with Anxiety UK, their support has helped me tremendously and they offer low-price therapy of all kinds.