PDA

View Full Version : Need advice and help?

ollie88
01-11-11, 23:21
Hey all,

i have been suffering recently with stomach cramps and then rush off to the toilet.

However i do have some ibs symptoms, i am not convinced it is. As i have abdominal pain from worrying about needing the toilet however when i go or relax the pain goes away.

I just want to get this sorted as its a real pain. I just need to relax, plus i don't get it everyday probs once a month or recently quite often as i focus on it.

I worry about needing the toilet i get stomach pains, then go to the toilet only about twice, not really diarrhea tho just loose.

apart from that i only go normally once a day.

Just need some advice as i don't think its IBS, its anxiety thats doing this. If i get these cramps can i ease this with medicine or just relaxation.

New to the forum too so a big hello

Thanks

Ollie

doodah
02-11-11, 22:50
Hello Ollie,

Welcome to NMP!

I'm afraid I can't offer you any advice but I know that I get stomach pains etc when I get over-anxious. And, strangely enough, when I eat a lot of chocolate!

I hope someone will be able to help out with your question.

Wendy :)

chappers1980
03-11-11, 08:45
Hiya

This is exactly how I've been feeling for the past couple of weeks. For me, its definitely anxiety that causes it. I gave in and went to the doctor and they've prescribed me Citalopram. The first couple of weeks have been hard but finally think I'm starting to turn a corner. Apparently a lot of the serotonin in your body is through your digestive system so when you get anxious or low, it can cause problems with your digestion. I know for me, I tend to tense my stomach muscles as a way of controlling my anxiety, unfortunately thats the worst thing you can do!

I would go and talk to your GP about it, they may have some suggestions and at least they can check you out which might put your mind at rest.

Devan78
03-11-11, 14:26
Don't get yourself dehydrated. See! It brings one near to the death. But you don't worry.
Just take much water.
'Nimotiam' is a medicine that you can use if there is not a serious problem of it.
regards