PDA

View Full Version : Sensations on the head like touching,

HOLIDAY24UK
19-04-04, 20:53
HI There,
I have been having some Sensations on the Head,
like someone is touching my Hair or Head,
I look round, there is not anyone there.

This feeling comes and goes through out the Day,
I get frightened of it, wondering what it is.

Please let me know if you have had anything like this too.

LOVE
PENNY,

april tones
19-04-04, 21:06
could be anxiety but it could be a spirit, if you believe in things like that? not trying to spook you out but ive had it before, i used ti go to spiritual church

apriltones

sarah
19-04-04, 21:10
Hiya Penny

I have had this before and the best explanation I can come up with is this :-
When you get anxiety, you body prepares for 'fight or flight'. this sometimes presents itself as goose bumps on the skin and your hairs stand on end..usually notice it on your arms? Anyway, your scalp will get them too so im guessing its that..goose bumps on your scalp and hair moving...does that make sense?

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

apm
19-04-04, 22:57
Penny, I think Sarah's bang on on this one- the fear/ panic reaction does make the skin do some odd things. Remember also that all the blood will be draining away from your skin to your internal organs and major muscle groups, and that can feel like you're being touched by someone.

Try not to worry about it.

Hope this helps,

Alex.

PS Sarah- love your sig message!

Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
-Groucho Marx.

apm
20-04-04, 20:54
Pinched from a scientific forum: why we get goosepimples:

We have inherited this rather bizarre phenomenon from our hairier ancestors. Goosepimples, or goosebumps (as the Americans prefer to call them), are elevations in the skin at the base of hairs. They occur when a tiny muscle called a piloerector muscle (from the latin word PILUS meaning a hair) contracts to lift up the hair.

In hairier animals, making the hair stand up like this helps to trap an insulating layer of air against the skin which, in turn, cuts down heat loss and hence preserves body temperature. That's why they appear when you get cold.

The more observant among you will also have noticed that goosbumps can also appear when you are nervous or frightened. This is also the origin of the saying "feeling the hairs on the back of my neck stand up" and that's because the nerves which supply the piloerector muscles are also activated by fear. The evolutionary benefit of this is that an animal which makes its fur stand on end appears larger than it really is, and hence is more likely to scare off its opponent in a challenge situation. The situation is somewhat analogous to a puffer fish expanding when frightened.

So there you have it, the cause of goosebumps.

Hope this helps,

Alex.

-Groucho Marx.

sarah
20-04-04, 22:29
Hya Alex

Thanks for the info...brang back biology lessons from school.
Ok now youve made me feel old and im 'only' 30...lol

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

apm
20-04-04, 22:58
I'll draw you a diagram of a cell next! And 30's not old. I'm 34 this year, and that's not good because it's mid 30s. You have 3 years of early 30's left!

Alex.
x

-Groucho Marx.

stimpy
24-04-04, 23:29
I'm with Alex on that on - sounds like hair raising goosebumps to me.

But to be on the safe side, if it is a spirit, you could ask it to leave you alone until you are feeling a bit better, as you feel you are not good company at the moment.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'