PDA

View Full Version : Essex Friendship Support And Social Group

Chihuahuashy
02-11-11, 13:48
FRIENDSHIP SUPPORT & SOCIAL GROUP FOR PEOPLE WHO SUFFER FROM ANXIETY DISORDERS.

Hi My name is Donna i suffer from Social anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive disorder. Myself and a friend who suffers from Depression and Anxiety run a Friendship Support & Social Group for people who suffer from anxiety disorders.

We will be visible on meetup.com soon at the web address below if you would like to join our group. You don't have to live in Essex to come and join us.

http://www.meetup.com/Essex-Anxiety-Disorders-Friendship-Support-And-Social-Group/

We meet every regularly on from 7 pm onwards for coffee & informal chat in Ilford Essex with a once a month social activity/outing.

There is a possibilty of there being a day time group and the option for people to have 1-1 counselling with a fully qualified and insured counsellor in the near future but to be confirmed.

If your interested in attending this group and would like more information on the location or anything else you can contact myself through a PM or email sugarmousebluebell@hotmail.com

The purpose of the group is to gain support from one another, being around others who suffer from and understand anxiety, helping each other, understanding, friendship/making friends, challenging yourself and others, trying new things, helping & encouraging each other out of isolation, encouragement, laughter, fun, meeting new people & being in different situations and enviroments.

Donna :smile:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/misc/progress.gif

serendipidy
19-11-11, 09:23
Hi,

I would love to join your group, I suffer from Anxiety and Depression and am currently seeing a Therapist but would love the chance to meet up with other people the same as me, the problem I have is that I am a single mum and 7pm is not suitable for me as I work during the day and look after my child at night, if you do start a social club for during the day after christmas please let me know as I am availible on Wednesdays.

I live nearer to Southend then I do Ilford and was wondering if you know of any anxiety groups there?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Debbie

pete69
19-11-11, 10:25
im in essex-and like debbie are nearer the southend part rather than the london part of essex.
i would like to join your group-sounds what i have been trying to get together
on here for a while-a social group for essex people with anxiety-never took off thou.
will be in touch.

debbie if you want to maybe meet up for a social with my g/f (she has panic attacks but has been all good for 8 months now!) we can maybe sort something out
thanks
pete

weevil
28-11-11, 12:12
I'm moving back to Essex and am going to try and come along to the Romford meetings once I'm properly here. I'd also be interested if there were any near the southend end as I'm closer to there as well. I panic a lot at the moment, am 31. I have regular ups and downs but have been getting worse in general since college. Will be hard for me to meet up at first as interacting with people is why I'm afraid to go out but I'm willing to try, I could do with knowing some new people.

worrier 82
10-04-15, 23:22
Hello just found this section in in essex/london would be good to talk to like minded people who are local :)

jumpingmuffin
31-05-15, 21:21
Just found this area pm the forum....anyone out there?