PDA

View Full Version : struggling at mo

anx mum
02-11-11, 16:00
Sorry for posting again gals and guys really in a bad way the way im breathing is scaring me sometimes i feel my heart racing sometimes i think it will stop my doc has done 2 ecgs and said both r normal does this mean my heart is fine. Plz help x

nomorepanic
02-11-11, 16:16
You really really need to get the breathing under control.

Have you been doing the abdominal breathing and also the paper bag we keep suggesting.

It won't go away on its own Bev - you have to work hard with anxiety to beat it.

nicola1980
02-11-11, 16:36
Hi hun sorry your still feeling bad, if there was anything wrong with your heart this would have been picked up, this is purely your anxiety, use a paper bag to help and try and do something to take your mind off your breathing as the more you think about it the worse it will be :hugs: x x

amandaj
02-11-11, 18:49
i have this everyday atm its horrible and scary, but we must keep telling ourselfs its anxiety it isnt anything serious ,try to distract yourself and please try the bag as nic says it does work i do anything to take my mind off it
amandaxx

saro
02-11-11, 19:08
Keep yourself relaxed and distracted.. try to lie down and focus on deep breathing for a little while.. see if that helps. :) nothing will happen.. i can reassure u of that.

anx mum
02-11-11, 19:41
Thanks everyone for your comments i have been doing the paper bag. My shrink has changed my antidepressents today so will be weaning off sertaline. Hate feeling like this sorry to all of u for going on

amandaj
02-11-11, 19:45
your not going on bev its very scary the breathing thing all the time, hopefully your new meds will help you xx

anx mum
02-11-11, 19:51
Hate this symptom been sitting outside when its been really bad thanks amanda

nicola1980
02-11-11, 19:56
What meds they changed you 2? No need to apoligise thats what we r here for x x

anx mum
02-11-11, 20:37
Duloxetine?

nicola1980
02-11-11, 20:43
Ive not heard of that one? well fingers crossed it works for you, how u feeling now? xx

joans60
02-11-11, 20:45
Hi Bev
Sorry to hear that you are suffering again you were doing so well are you still on your diazapam as well.
Think positive if there was anything up with your heart it would have shown up in all the tests you have had and also in the ecg
Keep your chin up.

Joanx

anx mum
02-11-11, 20:47
A little gonna try and relax have some diazpam tomoz a new day

anx mum
04-11-11, 21:28
Really cant take anymore this breathing symptom is still with me really scared my breathing is gonna stop hate this feeling. Now im on 30mg of diazpam a day have tried paper bag breathing cds so scared plz help:weep:

blondinou
04-11-11, 22:44
Hey,
I am feeling the same. Like I can't breathe enough or that I'm not going to be able to breathe or something. Been having a pretty bad day with it too. We can be scared together if you want :-)
Have you tried just pure distraction? Like get someone to talk you about anything, just get them to chatter away, and just listen to them really carefully? Sometimes helps for me.
Also if you have an iPhone try 'beat panic' app it's good to have something to focus on whilst you ride the panic out.
I believe you are ok and will survive. I know it's hard to feel the same about yourself though!

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

Breathing is a tricky one because we can control it ourselves and feel it all the time, not like heart beat... Don't you just wish sometimes you could live a whole day without not once feeling uncomfortable breathing, just feeling free and completely normal?!?

anx mum
05-11-11, 13:49
Yeah this breathing does get me down scares me and i feel its the worst symptom noone will understand the impact inless they had it. Does your breathing feel like this all day or come and go?