PDA

View Full Version : Painless lumps in both armpits?

Worried_Male
02-11-11, 19:35
I'm not sure what they are. I can only feel them when i lift up my arm and they are located on the top of the armpit. They don't feel round and feel quote solid. Could they be muscle? They almost feel like they run to the back of my shoulder.

I know there are lymph nodes under the armpit but wouldn't they be tender and hurt of they were swollen?

Just when i was starting to feel better i find something else to panic about.

Jack1231
02-11-11, 19:50
A bit more detail? Are they bean shaped? Are they moveable? How big are they?

Worried_Male
02-11-11, 20:46
A bit more detail? Are they bean shaped? Are they moveable? How big are they?

They're about half the size of my little finger, similar shape as well.

When i put my hand out in front of me (at about head height) i can't feel it but if i push against the wall i can.

---------- Post added at 20:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

Could it be my Teres major muscle? It does feel more like a bulge then a lump?

Jack1231
02-11-11, 22:00
If they were nodes you should be able to feel them all the time. The fact you can only when you push means it's pretty likely it's muscle, since your muscles contract when you apply force.

If they were lymph nodes they'd be very bean shaped. So large in the middle and get smaller on the edges.

Worried_Male
02-11-11, 22:02
If they were nodes you should be able to feel them all the time. The fact you can only when you push means it's pretty likely it's muscle, since your muscles contract when you apply force.

If they were lymph nodes they'd be very bean shaped. So large in the middle and get smaller on the edges.

How big would they be?

Jack1231
05-11-11, 13:38
Depends. Since they're not bean shaped you don't need to worry about that.

swgrl09
05-11-11, 20:32
If they are on both sides, I wouldn't be worried. If it was something serious, I would be very very surprised if it occurred symmetrically! Also I get lots of muscle spasms in my armpits that feel like lumps - sometimes they hurt, sometimes they don't.