PDA

View Full Version : hair conditionor

Em.ma
02-11-11, 20:35
Hi.
I was in the shower and got a load of hair con on my ear. even though i rinsed it off when i got out n dryed of it was still on my ear :S lots of it.

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

also earlier in my side it was so painfil for a few seconds (spasms) and i couldnt breathe without it hurting and had to stop walking

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

Please Im quite worried.I rinsed the con of and it was still there when i dried off .

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

there was even some inside my ear :(

debs71
02-11-11, 21:31
Hello Emma,

Don't worry about the conditioner. It will not harm you. I am ALWAYS doing this. I rinse my hair thoroughly but when drying, discover half a ton of conditioner inside my ear. I have never had any ill effects. The worst it could do is irritate your ear a bit, and that is easily sorted, so don't give it any thought.

The pain in your side sounds either like a nerve spasm or a muscular twinge. Again, not a big deal. I get this fairly often if I get up from sitting in a funny way/too quickly/awkwardly and something just twinges. It bloody hurts, but it doesn't last. The pain when breathing is because those muscles in that area stretch across the chest, so breathing in is going to hurt. It may hurt for a bit , but it will get better. Heat helps if the pain lasts. Hot water bottle, heat pad, etc.

Hope this helps.x:hugs:

mikewales
03-11-11, 07:46
Its conditioner, its designed to be all over your head - what is it you think it is going to do to you ?

Em.ma
03-11-11, 17:54
Thanks Debs :) Yes it hurts thank fully went away after a few mins x

Mike- I do know but i have HA and my brain went into over work when i found it in my ear after rinsing.

mikewales
03-11-11, 18:01
Try not to worry about it, it won't do any harm, either on your head or in your ears, it is quite safe

Em.ma
03-11-11, 19:06
Thanks :) I know its safe really otherwise it wouldnt be on the market i just over think x

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

I dont want to start a new thread for this but i have pain on top of nose when pressed against it. i sufffer with sinus pain to and its really getting to me.

lizzie29
03-11-11, 20:43
I'm the same as Debs - have done that sooo many times and been fine!

Emma - have you tried what I recommended a while ago? About when you write about a pain and suspect the worst, also writing a more likely explanation for it? That's what Debs has done about the pain in your side, but if you could get into the habit of doing it too it would help to change your negative thoughts.

Em.ma
03-11-11, 20:46
Thank you.
After the pain went i felt were it was and even thought it was muscle pain my self but then i over thought again x :)

Em.ma
04-11-11, 10:54
i am worrying the painful thing on nose to touch on the top near brows is cancer as it feels like a lump...
but then i think its my sinuses as i get pain there sometimes and sneezing sometimes

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Ive heard of people thinking its sinus issues and it turns out to be a tumour.

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Ive heard of people thinking its sinus issues and it turns out to be a tumour.

AllInMyHead
04-11-11, 13:25
I've never heard of anyone who thought they had sinus issues and it turned out to be a tumour! (But then I don't google :whistles:).

You have probably got a painful lump on your nose because you keep poking it :winks:.

I'm sure you already know this, but EVERYONE (and I mean everyone) has lots of different aches and pains for every minute of every day. It's just that most people don't notice them because their brain accepts them as normal. HA makes you hyper-aware of them.

PS Lizzie's suggestion sounds like a really good idea.

Em.ma
04-11-11, 13:30
Thank you.
I do lizzie sugesstion for things like chest pains because i know thats muscualr but i dont know to rationalise the pain on nose.
Thank you though.
It was on the news once not on google. I refuse to google lol x

AllInMyHead
04-11-11, 15:10
I've currently got a sharp, stabbing pain about where you describe. I think I probably have it for one of these reasons:
- sinuses (I often have bunged up sinuses and sometimes infections), and I might be starting with a bit of a sniffle
- my nose is irritated by the cloud of fur that came off my ever-moulting cat earlier
- my glasses sitting on the bridge of my nose
- eye strain from staring at my computer screen all day
- the several glasses of red wine I drank last night (:blush:
- just because I've started thinking about it!

Does that help? If so, maybe it would be constructive for you to ask us to help you if you are struggling to rationalise, rather than just posting your worries? Then you could add the suggestions to your diary, and over time maybe you'll get better at doing it yourself?

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

And, I should add, the pain isn't worrying me at all, or even disturbing me. It's just there.

Carys
04-11-11, 15:45
You've had some fantastic advice about rationalising your fears, from other people posting above. I just wanted to add that it really works, re-training yourself to think differently about every little niggle and twinge. It isn't easy to do at first, it takes real strength and focus, maybe even talking out loud to yourself ?

I currently have a cramping right hand with pins and needles; kept me awake last night. Most likely is that it is from cleaning all my windows yesterday, moving some heavy plant pots, typing far too much on the computer lol I should think that it will be much better by tomorrow as it is just a pinched nerve or two and muscle strain causing it....and not anything more sinister.

Em.ma
04-11-11, 16:49
Thank You.
I talk to my self sub consiouly. for example with chest pains i know its stress causing this. same with other pains but some i dont know how to rationalise.
for example today my mums been silly and used two bottles of bleach and a whole bottle of other cleaning stuff to clean the bathroom and my throats dry and she forgot to open the window. its stuff like this which i cant rationalise for some reason.

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

not dry just like a feeling like the back is dry but its not dry (hard to explain)

lizzie29
04-11-11, 18:16
I'm sure you'll be fine with the bleach. Yes, it may give you a dry throat but that's nothing major. Obviously it's not ideal to be breathing the fumes and I wouldn't recommend it, but it won't harm you on this occasion. Plus, it's in the bathroom so not like it's in a bedroom where you're sleeping for hours (I presume not anyway!)

I'll do as someone above has done, to see if it helps you.

I currently have a pain in my shoulder blade. This could be:

* a problem with my lung, as it increases when I breath
* a damaged shoulder blade
* a trapped nerve
* etc etc

In reality, it's because I slept funny last night and the muscle is pulled. It hurts more when I breathe in because the muscle is being stretched.

Emma - maybe when you have a symptom, you could post it and we could all post the rational reasons for it. Then, as someone has said, it will become easier for you.

Em.ma
04-11-11, 21:00
Thank you- yes that does help and i want to be able to do it my self- but its going to take work.
My mum is now letting bleach sit in the bath for over an hour at the moment and my throat feels awful but that could be anxiety...... the window is open now but mum is fine so im sure ill be aswell. as long as i dont drink it lol x

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

My throat feels awful now and the bleach has been in there for well over an hour now just sitting in the bath. I think about two hours now. the bathroom is down stairs next to the lounge were i am. cant get internet up stairs lol.

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

asked my mum when she will rinse it and she said tommorow :| whats it going to having it sitting there over night. my mums coughing like mad and my throat feels awful. its so stupid to pour a bottle of bleach and leave it sitting in the bath ARGH it makes me beyond mad. i cant cope and feel really panicky. the door is shut to and the window open but i cant go in there to brush my teeth and it stinks.
shes falling asleep to. now id do it my self but the water would wake her up.

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

my mums fallen asleep and wont shift it till the morning. how am i supposed to get over my anxiety living at home. i cant even go to bed.
i told her its not going to do anything just sitting there and you should dulite it with water and she screamed "you need the whole bottle to clean it and you need to leave it there over night" :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad: thats how i feel at the moment. its just common sense not to pour a whole bottle in the bath and use another bottle for the floor and cealing/walls aswell or am i over reacting? is it safe to bath in tommorow when its been rinsed? shes now half asleep on the sofa with strict instructions to leave it.
im not aloud to do any house work- i cant wash up, use the washing machine, hoover as im not aloud! she shouts at me for helping.
she does everything over the top. for example when bathing she burns her self so shes got a red face after for days and peeling skin after as hot water cleans she says. she used to do this to me to when i was younger.

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:52 ----------

forgot to mention its not ocd as she does this about twice a year and the en-suite bathroom in there room is disgusting i wont even go on it.

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

it gets better drinking water so cant be the anxiety. can someone please help me :(

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

its like that feeling you get after you burn your mouth on food.

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

the whole down stairs stinks of bleach. I want to scream and and shout at my mum. theres no need for this at all :@:@:@!!! i feel like im going to explode. im typing so aggresively and could throw this damn thing out the window.

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

shes asleep now and wont rinse it out till tommorow. :'( i can feel my self holding back tears and anger. shes on the sofs asleep and i just feel angry !!!!

lizzie29
04-11-11, 21:22
Okay, the bleach fumes won't harm you. Keep the lounge door shut or go upstairs to your room.

You need to stop sitting and thinking about it. It won't change anything. All it's doing is getting you stressed. Keep busy, watch tv, read.

Your throat will be fine.