PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried Reiki

amethyst
25-05-06, 21:11
Hi
Has anybody tried Reiki to help with anxiety. I had a couple of sessions last summer to help me with flying. It helped in as much as I was able to get on the plane and do the journey but I was still very anxious. I wouldn't mind trying it again, to help me with this current bout of anxiety, in fact I was thinking of learning more about reiki and doing a course. Are there any Reiki people out there who could share their experiences and give any advice. I would be really interested.

amethyst

nomorepanic
25-05-06, 21:30
I have tried it. Read here....
How Reiki can help with Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=reiki)

Nicola

vernon
25-05-06, 21:41
I have tried reiki but at the time I was real bad with anxiety and didn’t go back. I was going to do my first certificate, as this was only going to cast me £85 and that would include a full day, having lunch there too, this way you don’t need to keep paying for sessions as after the first certificate you can do healing and reiki on yourself. There is a lady on here I think her name is Kim and she has been doing reiki for years, If I can remember her name or get hold of her I will let you know. I am still thinking of doing my number 1 reiki but just havnt got around to it. Not realy sure if it works or not for me, but we are all different and what works for one person, dont always work for another. Take care. Vernon

Jenny
26-05-06, 10:50
I have a Reiki Meditation CD. I have just started listening to it. It is very soothing and relaxing. I found it on the web site :-
www.reiki-evolution.co.uk perhaps you could give it a try.

Best Wishes
Jenny xxxxxx

panicdiva
28-05-06, 22:44
Hi,

Yes I have been having reiki healing now since February - I LOVE it. It really has helped me so much. I am not cured, I still have fears & anixiety & panic - but I have to say that the panic is not as raw. I feel a sublte positive shift in my attitude about them. I am beginning to really feel like I am in control of the panic. For instance, the anticipation period before I have to do something that I am really afraid of is not as long or as intense. The other day I had to go on the motorway for a school trip - whenever I felt fear about it - I was able to say go away - I am doing this & it did go away. The only time I had the usaual symptoms was that morning - even then the fear was not nearly as intense as it has been.

I really want to learn how to do this myself & am planning on doing Reiki 1 with the women who has been giving me reiki healing. However, at the moment I am content just to have the healing. I have been going weekly so I have had quite a few sessions - I did not feel an immediate effect - the benefits have just kind of creeped up on me. I am lucky in the fact that the women does not charge me too much - I think she probably knew that I was going to need alot of sessions so made the price reasonable - which I appreciate.

Do try it - I honestly think you will like & benefit from it.