PDA

View Full Version : Tension in Head

Helen1985
02-11-11, 20:19
Hey everyone,
Is this a tension headache?........ Every known again i seem to get the most uncomfortable pressure in my head sometimes feels like my eyes are gonna exsplode ive never felt anything like it!! Ive had GP look into my eyes and she didnt seem to worried about anything (i was worried about brain tumour!) Its not exactly painfull but i do notice the day after i get a really achy neck and feel quite sick. Is this normal?? xxxx

Mindful
02-11-11, 20:39
I have this now as a type, i also feel very dizzy, it feels like if i were to stick a pin in my head i would go off like a pressure cooker lol.. i have had this many many times and i am still here, horrilbe as it is, it is anxiety and the more we want it to go away the more it stays.

Gailgwl
03-11-11, 17:03
I've had similar and its just faded after about 6 weeks and trips to the doctor. They thought it was muscle spasms caused by my neck. I was convinced it was a brain tumor. They recommended an osteopath but before I had chance to go it started to fade and has now gone so yours could well be a similar thing. I was convinced 6 weeks was too long for it not to be serious but it seems I just had to give it time.

Helen1985
03-11-11, 20:16
Thanx Gail, i have had these before and they vanished and seem to of come back again so hoping itl be the same again thanx hun xxx

dreena
03-11-11, 21:48
the pressure in my head and ears was most definatly the worst anxiety symptom i had when my anxiety was at its worst. it felt like a big tight elastic band around my head and the pressure in my ears was just awful!! i must have been to the gp a billion times for it and didnt believe it when he told me it was the anxiety! turns out he was right because 6 years later im still here. lol. after it happens or the next day i would always feel groggy and the gp said it was because of the adrenaline from the panic and anx caused by this horrible feeling. its a vicious circle :( but my life has moved on alot and nowadays my anx symptoms are extremly mild and easier to deal with..... its called being occupied by a great husband and running round after 3 young children, while shoppig and doing housework etc, i love it!i literally do not have a spare second in the day to be anxious. my CPN used to tell me to let it pass, he was amazing! he did CBT with me and i found keeping occupied took my mind off everything, its mentally tiring but like i said im alot less anxious, i used to worry bout everything when i went to bed but now im just too tired and fall straight asleep lol.

sorry to tell u my life story but if i can be a tiny bit of comfort for u then im happy. i suffered the most crippling extreme anxiety u can ever imagine and never thought i would come out the other side. its so awful my mind has blocked alot of it out.

but if i can do it anyone can. x x

avasnana
28-01-12, 10:10
Hi Dreena,

Did you take any medication to hep ease this? Im suffering with this quite badly at the moment but was convinced it ws an ENT issue, but the ENT doc says everything is ok now that I have had some nasal tissue removed.

Im resigned to the fact that it is all anxiety, its just an awfu feeling and when its your only sympton you dont want to accept that it is anxiety.

thanks

Claire

Beyonderz
28-01-12, 11:07
The bad side of tension headaches is that they can mimic many types of headaches. The thing you are describing sounds like one headache from stress. If it comes and goes, there is definitely nothing to worry about.

A serious type of headache will be persistent (not coming and going) and will not feel like a pressure feeling, but a very sharp and severe type of pain. And those pain wouldn't ease when you focus on something else.

I had the same tension headaches for quite long time, it's totally harmless but very annoying. Try not to pay attention to it, it will go away.