PDA

View Full Version : adrenal fatigue

Witchitygrub
02-11-11, 23:15
I am surprised most of us dont have this?, how do you get diagnosed that?

Chem
02-11-11, 23:59
Have you been googling Wichitygrub? Never a good idea :lac:

The only way to get a diagnosis for anything is to go and see your doctor.

Witchitygrub
03-11-11, 01:31
Have you been googling Wichitygrub? Never a good idea :lac:

The only way to get a diagnosis for anything is to go and see your doctor.

Hi Chem yes google doctor lol, your right i shouldn't look these things up dont help right?. I was curious though being Adrenal/Adrenaline. :winks:

Mindful
03-11-11, 20:10
Im guilty of using doctor google too lol

countrygirl
03-11-11, 21:45
Don't do what I did about 3 years ago:winks: Like you I read about adrenal problems from always being so anxious and you can have a endocrine saliva test done privately- expensive so I did have one done and sure enough it said I was very low on cortisol etc etc and had adrenal fatique. My Dr had the report and said she knew nothing about adrenal things and sent me on nhs to endocrinologist who said the nhs does not recognise saliva endo tests and I would have to have a adrenal stimulation test - this was not pleasant as they inject something into the muscle of your thigh ( it is agony) and then take bloods every half hour for 2 hours or so. My thigh hurt for days!

The results was that my adrenal glands were working fine.
It seems there is controvesy about salive and blood tests for adrenals as the nhs does not accept saliva resutls but some Drs are saying ( usa ) that bloods are not accurate and only saliva tests are so who knows????

I wasted my and nhs's money and was none the wiser at the end.