PDA

View Full Version : Nerveous wreck...cant cope with my life

nok_tok
02-11-11, 23:34
i know it can be minor but little things really set me off with the shakes, anxiety etc, i feel like im falling apart im a complete nerveous wreck, i have moved house 3 times in the last 12 mths, 3 young kids, our house was deralict when we bought it, but we had to move in with the kids cause we couldnt affod not to, i have been doing it up and living in it, we have no curtains, everyone can see in, we have run out of money to finish the house...we have no kitchen, no cooker, washing machine, etc etc, i havent been eating properly just microwave food in a room with no carpet, i feel sick, i am a clean person... i have put on 2 stone in the last 2 moths, i look like crap, anyway i saved some money up to get our living room sorted, ordered a carpet and we needed a fire so i bought one from a website called home firesides, i then found out home firesides was a fake website that took peoples money and never sent goods!!, i found a whole forum about people getting ripped off so that sent off the panic, i still needed a fire so i borrowed money off my mum, searched local shops to no avail so i checked ebay, i found a decent'ish seller that sold fires with good feedback, i ordered a nice fire from him, it has arrived, but the box is the correct one so all looked fine, but inside the box is a completely different fire that is damaged and looks used...i tried to call his number but it doesnt work...i file an ebay case but he has replied saying its impossible that there was a different fire in the box etc etc, i feel so nerveous i cant sleep im shaking, how could he lie!! im so worried

Chem
02-11-11, 23:56
Oh dear. You've been really unlucky.

Have you been in touch with Trading Standards or Citizens Advice Bureau about the first fire? Did you pay for the ebay one by Paypal? If so, claim through them too.

You sound to need quite a bit to make the house suitable for the children. Have you contacted local charities such as St. Vincent DePaul? Have you asked the Council if they have a free furniture depot, or been in touch with Social Services? They can give you a crisis loan for a cooker, beds, etc.

I'm not surprised you feel rotten. It's not much consolation, but try to remember that the people who took your money for the fires weren't cheating you personally - they are rotten rogues. :hugs:

nok_tok
03-11-11, 07:50
aww thanks for the reply, yes i am trying to do an ebay case, but he is denying everything saying i must have got it from somewhere else etc, the fire i got looks used and it a bit damaged, just hope im not stuck with it! i may have to contact trading standards, not sure what chance i have now he's denying it!
thanks for the charity advice, i may look into this too
x x x x

stuart39
03-11-11, 10:43
i would take your case to the enth degree. there seems to be increasing numbers of sellers on ebay that think they can get away with ripping people off. if they are not reported and brought to book it will get more common.
you should have paypal protection too. what is the sellers ID so we can check him out?

nok_tok
03-11-11, 17:06
i am so angry inside but dont want to feel like this!, his seller i.d is: oddz-n-soddz

he looks like a good seller (hence why i bought from him) but i am just having real bad luck