PDA

View Full Version : CBT Assessment

Sookie79
03-11-11, 11:56
Just had my CBT Assessment and have been told I will get my first session soon. She gave me a useful booklet to work through and some sheets to record a panic diary - so we shall see how it goes.

I didn't want to go into too much detail with her as it was just an Assessment, but she recorded some things wrong as I wasn't clear enough. Trying to explain that your "friend with benefits" guy friend is the main trigger for your panics and that he sleeps with other people, is really hard. She recorded him as my boyfriend and I didn't correct her. Thought it would be easier to get this amended in my first session.

I am worried about them judging me for my lifestyle though. I am a very sexual person and I am a member of various websites and visit clubs. This is how I met my FWB and various other friends who are just friends and have been very supportive of my current situation. Just not sure I want to admit everything to them!

I don't want to give up my lifestyle as its who I am and I enjoy it. I just need someone to help me cope when I have a bad day.

Sookie :)

jill
03-11-11, 15:51
Hi hun :D:hugs:

You are doing really well in getting help for yourself, WELL DONE, you should be soo proud of yourself :yesyes:

The cbt therapist IS NOT there to judge you, they are there to help, they will only cross your lifesyle if YOU feel its a problem and you don't, SO, not a problem, ok :yesyes:

Good luck with the cbt, I feel its a great tool to have under your belt, it helps

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX

Sookie79
08-11-11, 09:37
Thanks Jill, you're right - they're not there to judge me. I will be honest with them :)

emu12
08-11-11, 16:35
Somethings you may not have shared with anyone else but in my first session my therapist told me all about confidentiality and like its been said above, the therapists are not their to judge. They are getting paid to help you with your anxiety and the more truthful you are with them, the more they can help you :) Good luck with the rest of your sessions