PDA

View Full Version : Which vitamins etc to take

Humly
03-11-11, 16:20
Hi. I am not on any meds but I have decided to try and help myself the natural way and start taking some vitamin supplements to combat anxiety. I know it does not work for everyone but I want to try. I have read that the following might help :

Vitamin B complex
Vitamin C
Magnesium and calcium
Zinc
Omega 3 fish oil

Any ideas on how much to take or anything else to be added to the list. Tried Inositol before and it didnt work. Anything that can aid relaxation would be great.

Thanks

snowgoose
03-11-11, 17:22
Hi Humly

I take all you listed apart from zinc .....and found them excellent until recent blip.
My advice is to get the best quality you can [not the cheapest I know ].
Google on Amazon Patrick Holford ...........he has excellent books on the right diet and vits for stress/anxiety /depression .
My son swears by the Vit B and Magnesium for soothing frazzled minds .
The book tells you optimum dose .sorry cant remember myself at the moment .
take care and hope this helps . I take smaller dose.
snow :hugs:

nicola1980
03-11-11, 17:55
I found vit b complex actually increased my anxiety as did my sister, just thought id warn you, alot of people swear by it tho x x

miss polly
03-11-11, 18:51
I take all of the above except the zinc and I also take co enzyme Q10 200 mgs and garlic. I rattle! I've taken them all for about 6 months now and I'm not sure I've seen any benefits mentally, but physically I feel great!

xhyperyogix
03-11-11, 20:51
i take omerga 3 (high potency veggie ones) - quite a lots of this!!
b complex (yes can make more panicy if you feeling very bad)
something called magnesium-ok which contains mg, b vits folic acid and some other stuff.

Think it all helps, although just crashed into bit of a depression a few days back so wasn't up to keeping in with routine of taking them, but hopefully back on track as of today. Tried inositol and it gave my stomach ache...

always-ill
04-11-11, 10:30
Hi
I take all the vitamins you take plus Coenzyme Q10 also, cant say that it has helped all that much as I am in a bit of a blip too at the moment. I do find a berrocca really helpful if I am feeling really tired, really does help to wake me up and give me a bit more energy when needed, these are really high potency though.
Always.

Mountainclimber
08-06-12, 11:39
I found Omega 3 with q10 in a great help, i use the Eskimo product, as its pure. Its expensive but good. Good luck and be positive