PDA

View Full Version : Never give up hope

labamba
03-11-11, 20:00
Hi all,

I joined this site approx two years ago at which point I got some citalopram. I was struggling with lots of things and felt that therapy alone was not enough for me to recover. I have suffered anxiety on and off for 20yrs and spent nearly a year as a teenager feeling very agoraphobic.

I just want people to know it will get better. I read the success stories two years ago and felt it would never happen for me. It's just a case of baby steps and with each step forward it's a positive, however small that is.

So here I am 2 yrs later still on citalopram but I feel like me again. Not worrying about things the same, not eating due to worry have really diminished and I feel like my life is more positive again. My only minor gripe would be a full nights sleep but hey it's a small price to pay. I had been worrying lots about big meetings ( and plenty other things) which I finally achieved in the last couple of months! I really feel like the 'fog' is lifting and I'm heading to a positive outlook now without the stress!

I'm not ready to come off cit yet but I'm def making progress. Please if you read this it can happen, your own road to recovery, however long that might be.

Stay positive
Hugs to you all x

nicola1980
03-11-11, 20:12
Hi fantastic post :D im currently in wk 7 of taking citalopram and sometimes i can c a light at the end of a tunnel but other days i feel i can't fight this anxiety/panic anymore! I feel physically and emotionally exhausted with this and had a bad day today but ur post has gave me hope, well done xx

pinkdove
03-11-11, 21:10
Hi, i have been on cit, for a year now, and have made great progress, it has literally been a life saver for me too, i am so glad you are feeling better now, good luck to you, and i'm sure you will give hope to a lot of members x

Hazel B
03-11-11, 21:30
Well done and thanks for posting!:)

Witchitygrub
05-11-11, 00:35
Well done to you Labamba gives us hope, hope's a good thing.. thanks. :yesyes::yesyes: