PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Debbie
19-04-04, 23:58
[:I]Hi Debs here
this is my first time using a site to speak about my Panic Attacks. So forgive me if I get it wrong. I have seffered with PA's as I ca them for neary 3 years. I stumbled on to this site and some of the symptoms are so close to home. I was beginning to worry as for the last month or so I have been finding it so hard to swollow and I was thinking that something else was wrong with me...but i saw it as one of the possibe symptoms an d it actually made me feel better.:D I have had al the heart tests etc just to be sure that there was nothing wrong there and thankfully it was all clear. Hopefully this will help me as I find it hard to explain to people what is happening to me when I get a PA, as you know if you never had one how can you really understand
Debbie

Debbie Quigley[:I][:I]

kate
20-04-04, 08:17
Hiya Debbie,

Welcome to the site!

Glad to see that the postings are already proving helpful.

Keep in touch

Kate x

magenta_mandy
20-04-04, 11:05
hi debs,
no you are not on your own with this illness there are loads of sufferers. me included!! i suffer with anxiety and depression and its not very nice at all.
are you on any medication?
its nice to come on this site to know that we are not alone.
take care love mandy xx
quote:Originally posted by Debbie

this is my first time using a site to speak about my Panic Attacks. So forgive me if I get it wrong. I have seffered with PA's as I ca them for neary 3 years. I stumbled on to this site and some of the symptoms are so close to home. I was beginning to worry as for the last month or so I have been finding it so hard to swollow and I was thinking that something else was wrong with me...but i saw it as one of the possibe symptoms an d it actually made me feel better.:D I have had al the heart tests etc just to be sure that there was nothing wrong there and thankfully it was all clear. Hopefully this will help me as I find it hard to explain to people what is happening to me when I get a PA, as you know if you never had one how can you really understand
Debbie

mandy dennis

Meg
20-04-04, 12:43
Hi Debs,

Glad you've found some help here already.
If you have anything you'd like to ask - please go ahead .

Do have a good look around the home pages too as there is stacks of information there .

Take care

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We're afraid."
"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We will fall!"
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

sarah
20-04-04, 12:59
Hiya Debs

Welcome to the site, glad you found us.
Yes you are right, it is really hard to explain to people who havent surrered. Dont worry though, all of us know what you are going through to one degree or another so keep posting and I hope we can all be good for each other :)

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

spearow17
20-04-04, 14:25
Hello Deb.;

I am glad that you came upon this site. It has helped me greatly. It is nice to know that you are not alone and not crazy. Unfortunely, people who have never had a PA, have a hard time understanding what is happening. Hang in there. Things will improve. I suffer from PA for 4 years now. At first I could not leave my house. Thanks to meds, this site and a good support group, I am now working and enjoying life once again. The PA are not gone but more controlled

Take Care,
Nanc

imported_n/a
20-04-04, 19:33
:)hi there bebbie,,darren here and i really do think you will find us very helpful,,i myself have only been here on the site for around 2 weeks and have found so much support here from the most wonderful people ,,i have had p,a,s for a very long time and have only just opened up on this site,,hope you find it very helpful,,anytime you wanna chat e,mail me ,,p,s,,i love the chatroom give it a try!!!!good luck debs,,xxxx:) darrenxx

Brownie
20-04-04, 21:03
Hi Debbie,

Im glad that you stubbled onto this site as well as i did. You will get all the support and help you need here. Everyone is incredibly friendly and very helpful. This site and everyone here have helped me soooo much and im sure it will help you too. I also get that swallowing thing lol its horrible!!!! Hope to see you around the site Debbie.

-Christie[:I]

Debbie
20-04-04, 23:12
Hi just managed to find replies to my original message, don't know how I managed it..:D
I was so good to hear from everyone, it wi no doubt take me a while to figure out how this works os hang in there with me please

Debbie Quigley

Debbie
20-04-04, 23:15
Hi
at hte moment the doc has given me lexatan but if at a possibe I try not to take them. I don't want to becom dependent on them and not be abe to face what ever fears have caused this

quote:Originally posted by magenta_mandy

hi debs,
no you are not on your own with this illness there are loads of sufferers. me included!! i suffer with anxiety and depression and its not very nice at all.
are you on any medication?
its nice to come on this site to know that we are not alone.
take care love mandy xx
quote:Originally posted by Debbie

Debbie

mandy dennis

Debbie Quigley

Debbie
20-04-04, 23:16
Just being able to tak to people and hear that you have the same issues as me makes a the difference

quote:Originally posted by kate_r

Hiya Debbie,

Welcome to the site!

Glad to see that the postings are already proving helpful.

Keep in touch

Kate x

Debbie Quigley

Debbie
20-04-04, 23:21
I know it sounds terrible but I'm so glad that you fe the swolowing thing as well. I was so afraid that it was something else (what I don't know). It hits me al of a sudden, I could be watching TV and al of a sudden I'm thinking about having to swollow and its as if my throat just won't work. At other times I coud be fast asleep and a of a sudden I'm awake in a panic trying to swollow

quote:Originally posted by Brownie

Hi Debbie,

Im glad that you stubbled onto this site as well as i did. You will get all the support and help you need here. Everyone is incredibly friendly and very helpful. This site and everyone here have helped me soooo much and im sure it will help you too. I also get that swallowing thing lol its horrible!!!! Hope to see you around the site Debbie.

-Christie[:I]

Debbie Quigley

Debbie
20-04-04, 23:24
Thanks for the info, will have a good look:D

quote:Originally posted by Radar

Hi Debs,

Glad you've found some help here already.
If you have anything you'd like to ask - please go ahead .

Do have a good look around the home pages too as there is stacks of information there .

Take care

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"Come to the edge."
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

Debbie Quigley

Debbie
21-04-04, 00:09
Can someone explain the difference between a panic attack and an anaxity attack? I really thought it was the same!

Debbie Quigley

Meg
21-04-04, 13:49
On a scale for 0-10

sleeping = 0
tootling about gently = 3
Work = 5
Anxious = 7
Anxiety attack = 8.5
Panic attack = 10

Or thereabouts depending on your own perception.

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"Come to the edge."
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

april tones
21-04-04, 15:24
hi debbie, welcome to site. i USED TO SUFFER BAD PANICK ATTACKS, HARDLY GET THEM NOW. IF YOU WANT TO ASK ANY THINK, GO AHEAD, APRIL

apriltones