PDA

View Full Version : New member

mupp
26-05-06, 13:59
Hi there,
I've finally plucked up courage to join after 'lurking' for last 3 weeks! I've been off work for 3 weeks with anxiety/depression & have been taking 10mg citalapram for 4 weeks. I had an 'episode' like this 4 years ago but managed to get back to work after 5 weeks & managed fine from then on 10mg citalapram which I continued to take til last November. Unfortunately I've had bad relapse after problems at work & now can't face going back there. Was due back yesterday but couldn't leave house, then this morning got as far as car park at work then dissolved in tears & my boyfriend had to take me back home (we work in same office). He was grumpy & then we got stuck in traffic so by time got home I felt terrible, took to my bed. Looking at these Forums makes me feel like I'm not alone & is so helpful. Feeling very despairing today after 2 failures, all my family & friends were expecting me to go back & be normal again & I've let them all down. They think I've got a good job, a nice house,no children,boyfriend, what can I have to be anxious about?! Truth is my life feels empty right now,I've lost interest in my hobbies,music,friends,going out. Worrying about everything-even if I've done this post properly! Hope someone can relate to this,

Mupp

ollie35
26-05-06, 14:15
Hi mupp,

Know how you feel I felt the same way, like I was letting everyone and myself down. The last thing you need now is to feel guilty, we want to be better more than anything in the world. The knowledge you will gain on this site will be invaluble. I know it is hard when we feel no one understands how we are feeling, you get a cold or flu and you get sympathy, due to lack of knowledge with anxiety we get none.
But stick around and you will get all the help you need.
Take care
Paul

www.anxietynomore.co.uk

jackie
26-05-06, 15:15
hi mupp, youve let no one down

if you had a broken leg people wouldnt expect you to go to work, and to be honest most of the time i pray for a broken leg as opposed to this horrible fear and anxiety

you are not alone with your fears and anxieties and we will never judge

jackie

giddy
26-05-06, 15:32
Welcome to the site Mupp
Love Helen

trac67
26-05-06, 17:37
Hi Mupp,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

whatisitnow
26-05-06, 18:05
Frustrating isnt it. Hi, i only joined here today too. I was only thinking half hour ago how good my life is & i should be happy so why is this happening to me again now! Wish i knew the answers hun, it does my head in.
Caz xxxxx

Wenjoy
26-05-06, 18:05
Hi Mupp - you silly poo - we are all the same - you are most definitely not alone - you are not crazy or stupid or letting anyone down - you are a very special person who is facing and working through her fears and we are all proud of you!!
use the site - ask questions - air your emtions good and bad - and just believe in yourself. you can do it.....
Love wenjoy x

clickaway
26-05-06, 19:41
Hi Mupp

Welcome aboard - it was interesting reading your story - getting to the car park and turning back was so familiar to me. It's a hard step to take when you feel you can't handle it.

Please do not think of yourself as a failure 'cos you are certainly not. You are dealing with a very difficult challenge and one very positive move is doing something about it, like coming here!

I know how difficult it is to carry on with life, but please try hard to occupy yourself with at least one of your hobbies, as they will be some kind of therapy, especially if they are creative in any way.

I was once advised never to go to bed during the day even of you felt like it, as that is a negative thing and staying in an armchair in your lounge is more positive, even if you do feel lowsy. If your panic attacks are severe, roll up in a ball on the couch rather than lie on the bed!

Take Care - we are all here for you.

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

marie ross
26-05-06, 19:52
Hi Mupp,

Welcome to the forum, you'll find a lot of good advice and help here, i have. It's a horrible feeling is'nt it when everyone thinks that you should'nt have any anxiety, when i went to my doctors to explain about my panic attacks i got told that i should'nt be suffering from anxiety and went away feelin such a failure, by the time i plucked up courage to go and see another doctor i had developed panic disorder. Please don't let people make you feel like you've let them down, you hav'nt, your're just going through a rought patch and it will go, just give it time and you'll feel better. This site has helped me so much and i'm sure it will help you to.

Take care.

Marie XXX

Karen
26-05-06, 20:25
Hi Mupp

Welcome to the forum. You are certainly not a failure and we have all found it difficult to face our fears. Have you had any therapy like CBT?

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

mupp
26-05-06, 20:55
Hi everyone,
thanks so much for all your kind messages, I'm taking all the advice in. Normally I wouldn't mope in bed but just wanted to hide away. I haven't tried any therapy before but my office has a Support officer & she has offered to do some sessions with me which I have accepted & shes given me a mood diary to fill out this week.
I'm so glad I posted message now,its so good to know I'm not the only one feeling this way & I hope I'll be able to help someone too,
thanks again from the 'silly poo'! :D
Mupp x

jackie
26-05-06, 21:19
i hope you like it here and i am sure you will feel less alone now as that is how i felt when i joined

jackie

manmoor
26-05-06, 22:03
Hi Mupp I also waited ages before I joined up and I know what you mean about everyone wanted you to get on with it I also have that BIG problem you will get lots of help here everyones lovely

Mandy xx

shiv
27-05-06, 16:14
Hello there and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you plucked up the courage to join!

Shiv x