PDA

View Full Version : Help me get through this

Humly
05-11-11, 09:06
I have been in a state of high anxiety and agitation now for a week and I need some help/advice to cope. I know its early days yet and I am reacting to a specific situation and its consequences but I dont want to end up spiralling down into a hole that I cant get out of. I know that I am totally over reacting and blowing things up out of all proportion but no matter what my friends and family are telling me, I just cant seem to move on. The situation will be resolved in time, I know that, but I cant stand waiting and not knowing.

Went to the doc and he said it was too early for meds yet (dont really want them as scared they will make me worse) but gave me diazepam when I cried in his office. But I am scared to take them in case I start to rely on them and worry what they will do to me.

I just dont know what to do. I have been trawling the internet for days which isnt really helping. All I want to do is talk about the situation and get reassurance that it will work out fine but I think people will become fed up as to be honest, in the big scheme of things, this is nothing. Wish I could get this into my head. Just want to go to sleep and wake up when its all over.

Anyway, thanks if you have taken the time to read this long rant and anything you can suggest to help would be appriciated.

Humly

nicola1980
05-11-11, 09:35
Hi use ur diazepam hun, i promise u they will help calm u and relax u, u won't become reliant on them if u use them for a short period, i often need to take 1 to calm me when my anxiety flares up xx

Humly
05-11-11, 11:27
I' m really scared to take one. I am frantically searching around for some natural remedies that might help.

nicola1980
05-11-11, 11:30
Dont be scared it will help you x x

Humly
05-11-11, 11:43
Thank you for talking to me Nicola. i am going to take one and then at least I have tried.

---------- Post added at 11:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Ok. I've taken one so will let you know how I get on. Feel a bit relieved to have done it. I think one of my problems is that I am hardly eating anything and that makes you a bit shakey also doesnt it. Anxiety makes me feel such a fool and I feel ashamed of myself for being like this when people in this world are going through a lot worse than me and just getting on with it. Having said that I know loads of people who suffer with it and are on anti depressants. We just dont talk about it.

nicola1980
05-11-11, 11:53
good :) hopefully it will relax u a bit, anxiety is awful, I hardly ate a thing when i was at my worse and ive lost over 1 and half stone from it, i was on 4mg of diazepam 3 x a day a few weeks ago so you'll be ok and i still take 1 now sometimes 2 if i need it xx

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

and you've nothing to be ashamed of at all :bighug1: xx

Humly
05-11-11, 12:05
Thank youso much. I have lost half a stone in a week. Surviving on bananas, cups of tea and the odd slice of toast together with some vitamins. I could do with losing some weight but this is not the way I wanted to do it! Let you know how I get on later.

NMP is a fantastic place. I think its wonderful that a total stranger is willing to offer support to people that are suffering. I dont know what I would do without it. You are all brill.

nicola1980
05-11-11, 12:10
your welcome :D I find this site so reassuring and everyone is so supportive, hope the diaz has calmed u abit, im off for a nap i can't sleep past 5am at the min and going to take advantage of how calm im feeling at the min and have a sleep!! hope u feel better xx

Humly
06-11-11, 09:21
Hi. So I didnt have any adverse symptoms with the diazapam. Felt like I'd had a drink for the first 2 hours or so and felt quite normal again but it wore off pretty quickly I thought. I got some Kalms and I'm going to give them a go. Good news is that I havent cried since Thursday - came close on Friday when people were being nice to me - so thats a start. Hopefully as the days go on and we eventually get the car situation sorted I will start to calm down.

Sorry for going on and on about this but it really helps me to be here, just to know that somebody is listening to me.

nicola1980
06-11-11, 09:55
Hi glad the diazepam helped if only for a little time, they do saty in ur system for a long time tho so strange it weared off so quick? was it 2mg? when i was bad i found i needed 4mg to really calm me! let me know how u get on with the kalms ive never tried them? thats good that you've not cried......its a step forward :) I used to cry everyday all day, had the odd cry this week when ive been on my own and dwelled on things but nothing like b4, hopefully u will start to feel better soon :hugs: xx

Humly
06-11-11, 11:05
Hi. Yes it was 2mg. I feel really light headed today. Could this be because I have clamed down ever so slightly? I dont know if its the Kalms or what but I dont want to give up on them in case they help. I've only taken 2 last night and 2 this morning. You are supposed to take them 3 times a day after food but the woman in boots said it didnt matter. Does half a banana count?

Thanks Nicola. You seem to be turning into my personal counsellor.

nicola1980
06-11-11, 11:56
Its prob cause youve calmed down a bit hun but also it will be down to lack of food, try and haue a cup a soup or something, i know when i calmed down i kept going dizzy but that was down to physical and emotional exhausion and lack of food! Not sure about the kalms causing it but i v much doubt it! Glad to beable to help hun....tho not sure if i actually am or not tho! Lol x x

Humly
06-11-11, 12:02
You are helping me a great deal and I appreciate it so much. Emotional exhaustion sounds about right it my case. Thank you once again.

nicola1980
06-11-11, 12:07
You'll get thro this i promise :D x x