PDA

View Full Version : Mucus in stool.

Trevstan
05-11-11, 16:24
Is it normal to have a yellowy/dark brown mucus in your stool with IBS?

Just normally it's clear, so it's freaked me out abit.

The doctor basically said i had this condition when they found nothing wrong when i had a colonoscopy.

nomorepanic
05-11-11, 17:29
Yes mine is like that a lot

Trevstan
05-11-11, 18:00
Thank you Nicola i was worried it was old blood at first but if it's normal i'll try not to worry about it :)

samc100
05-11-11, 18:03
Are you constipated? Mucus stools are very common in constipation.

Also very common with IBS ( IBS can be triggered by constipation - your bottom tends to explode and need to get there urgently).

Trevstan
05-11-11, 20:58
Well i normally go once a day.

Sorry for the TMI but when it first passes it's very hard and solid and like rabbit pellet's which is where the mucus is, then after that it's normal.

countrygirl
05-11-11, 22:43
The rabbit droppings and mucus go hand in hand as the hard poo irritates the lining of the bowel producing the mucus. Rabbit poo is a classic sign of IBS.
Totally normal.

Trevstan
06-11-11, 01:03
The rabbit droppings and mucus go hand in hand as the hard poo irritates the lining of the bowel producing the mucus. Rabbit poo is a classic sign of IBS.
Totally normal.

Yeah i guessed that but was more worried about my mucus sometime's it's yellow sometime's a orangey colour and latley like a dark orangey/brown that's what worried me.

Also is it normal for some of the stool to be rabit pellet's then the rest normal soft stool?

samc100
06-11-11, 13:34
The rabbit pellet poo is hard old poo. It's struggled to get out So I think this could be constipation especially when soft poo ( newer poo) is following it. Orangery mucus is also a sign of constipation. Don't worry about it but it can cause tummy aches which just increase anxiety.

Try a sachet of fibregel a day, drinking more fluids or adding more fibre to your diet.

spacebunnyx
06-11-11, 13:43
I get this as well... the orangy bits are just poo mixed with mucus I think (sorry tmi!)

Trevstan
06-11-11, 14:04
Thank's for all your responses helps put my mind at ease

macc noodle
06-11-11, 15:14
Hi Trevstan

Stop looking at your poo !!! The less obsessed you are with it the better to be honest.

My therapist set me this as one of my "homeworks" - I followed her instructions for two weeks and then I didn't even think about going back to it - why not try ??

If you have IBS your poo will be variable and mucusy.

:)

Macc Noodle

Trevstan
06-11-11, 19:47
Thank's i think i will try my best to do that as i know it will help.

I think i am trying to shift my focus on something else apart from thinking about my upcoming test (which i am still waiting for my appointment letter from 2 week's ago) about the 15mm leison (cyst/hem) that was found on my liver during my CT Urogram however they couldn't see it on a ultrasound scan 3-4 weeks latter.

And also i have a upcoming camera down my you know what since they found nothing wrong with my kidney's they want a look in my bladder.

Seems to be so much happening in such a little time :( and seems to be stressing me out.