PDA

View Full Version : Smear test Panic Please help :(

kirstynic
06-11-11, 07:25
So I have been getting recurrent pelvic pain for a long time now, back in April a transvaginal ultrasound was done and this was all clear. I have had it on and off since then but this month have had it constant for 2 weeks.

The doctors refused to give me a smear as had a all clear one in 2009 so I paid for a private one and had it done Thursday.

However now I am in a panic and think my first smear in 2009 came back normal when really it was abnormal, the time I had it done I bled quite a lot and the gynae said he would not be sure if it was readable, I read on google that this can be responsible for false negative results, now I think that the test back in 2009 was abnormal and nearly 3 years later that I have just had this one it will be too advanced to cure.

I became sexually active when I was 15 and tho only had 2 partners the first was a bit of a player. I am so scared that I could have had cervical cancer for a long time and due to being told everything was normal nearly 3 years ago now it will be to late. I am 25 so 10 years ago I became sexually active, I have had these symptoms for a long time and even had a laporoscopy in 2007 but this would not have detected cervical cancer I am so scared

macc noodle
06-11-11, 09:35
OK Kirsty, so you will get your results within the next 2 weeks?

I completely understand how scared you are - every time I have a test I am worried that I have actually got something!

But you need to rationlise this to get yourself through the waiting period .......

First of all, the test is now done and IF there is anything wrong it will show and then you can get it treated.

Secondly, with you original test, had there been a problem with an unclear reading, they would have recalled you for another test.

Pelvic Pain is not a typical sign of cervical cancer - irregular bleeding (particularly after sex) is, as is vaginal pain when having sex or when passing urine.

3 years down the line you would have had far more symptoms than you have now had you actually got cervical cancer at the time of your last test.

You need to stop looking on the internet and concentrate on other things whilst you await your test results.

Good luck.

Macc Noodle

xx

kirstynic
06-11-11, 10:56
Thankyou I have tried to rationalise but then I go google crazy and the more I read the more scared I get, like pelvic pain being a symptom when cervical cancer is advanced

Then in the news yesterday it said cervical cancer is rising among young woman and then about false negative results leading to deaths and it's just got me do scared, this pelvic pain is like a constant ache that is sometimes shooting or stabbing and it just seems like other causes have been ruled out and this is the only cause that hasnt

swgrl09
06-11-11, 14:47
The good thing about cervical cancer is that it takes a VERY long time to develop. It is slow-growing. Some people have abnormal smears over and over again for years and still haven't developed the cancer. I hope you get your results soon so you can have some relief!

kirstynic
06-11-11, 16:49
Been reading too many stories of girls my age or younger who are now dying of this

I am in constant pain no pain relief and so many other causes has been ruled out