PDA

View Full Version : Been on here Since Feb.... but....

oh no_1
06-11-11, 08:07
Hi,
Been on here since February but only two weeks ago did i finally have guts to go to doctors.

Started on here after my friend persuaded me to email a private counsellor, who I did eventually meet and have been seeing weekly since, she kept strongly sugesting I go to doctors but just thought it would pass... well it didnt.

Went two weeks ago, with a piece of paper to read from and my friend came. Still cant accept what they said (anxiety and depression) but oh well... maybe some day. Im now waiting to in a few weeks speak to someone from the team and have a double sided scale questionnaire thing to fill in, which after four attempts have still not managed to fill it all in yet.

so theres my story at the moment...

nomorepanic
06-11-11, 08:08
Hi oh no_1

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
06-11-11, 09:33
Oh no , you will get there , you are making the first steps . Pnce we understand that it is anxiety the road to recovery is in sight :)

macc noodle
06-11-11, 09:41
oh_no - well done on gathering up your courage and seeing the doctor.

Now you just need to push that little bit further and trust what you are being told by them - that it is anxiety .................... hard I know because we always believe that it is something else. ......

As Paige says, acceptance of it is the first step to recovery.

:hugs:

Macc Noodle

pinkdove
06-11-11, 13:15
You have at last taken your first step to recovery, sometimes you just can't shake the feelings of anxiety off, and need some help, you will soon begin to accept that it is anxiety and get on the road to recovery with your gp's help. good luck and well done x

DeeDeeBel
06-11-11, 17:02
Well done for being strong enough to go- as others have said, take any help and advice the docs can give you. Anxiety and depression are very hard to deal with- I know!- on your own. I'm off to my GP on Monday because I'm not coping with mine at all. I've put it off for far too long and have got myself in a right messed up place.
Good luck, I hope you get the help and support you need.