PDA

View Full Version : Regurgitation and nausea

spacebunnyx
06-11-11, 13:31
Hi,

Haven't posted on here for ages as I have been anxiety-free for quite a while. However, unfortunately I'm now having quite bad anxiety about my stomach. I think I'm going to go to the dr tomorrow (I avoid going these days as I don't want to fuel my anxiety further!!). I just wondered if any one else has had similar symptoms:

For the last 5 years or so I've had regurgitation (particularly when I'm stressed) whole lumps of food come up into my mouth. My stomach as also become more "sensitive" to certain foods and particularly herbal tea. For the last few days i've been feeling really nauseous with a gnawing pain in my stomach. About 9 years ago I had an endoscopy which showed a small ulcer and "infection" was mentioned.. but I didn't receive any treatment.

I'm now feeling extremely anxious that I may have stomach cancer... :weep:

I hate feeling like this. I'm 30 years old. I've tried PPI's and antacids, they don't seem to work. On one hand I think I'm being silly but on the other I have this fear.

Moggo
06-11-11, 14:03
Hi Jess,

I went through similar symptoms as you. I suddenly developed IBS and acid reflux type symptoms and it caused me huge anxiety which then made it worse :(

You are young and it would be extremely rare for you to have stomach cancer. The stomach ulcer has probably flared up and anxiety is now causing increased acid. I take Omeprazole which I find helps.

With regard to herbal teas causing a problem, I find the same, they tend to be quite strong and give me heartburn.

Hope I've helped in some way :)

spacebunnyx
06-11-11, 14:29
Thank you for your reply. I still feel quite rubbish, however, it's reassuring to know that I'm not alone. I wonder how many people who have anxiety have similar symptoms? Either way, if it's anxiety or something else i need to get to the bottom of it as it is making me miserable. :weep:

jess

thisgoesupto11
06-11-11, 22:40
Had to post as in the same boat. In fact until yesterday I'd been sick a few times too... Was blindly panicking by that point! I'm still getting burning gnawing pain and feel a little nausea, it's not as bad as it has been tho. I'm using manuka honey, aloe Vera and staying away from anything too fatty. I'm 37 and have been told that it's very unlikely for it to be cancer (even tho it is in my family) at that age. I found the only things to help are distracting myself or trying something called mindfulness. This means accepting everything around u that's happening and concentrating on the here and now. Every time your mind wanders towards negative thoughts coax it back to the here and now. Sorry that's probably a bit garbled.. Google mindfulness ( and nothing else!). Hope u feel better soonx

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Ah just saw your reply to my post... Doh:)

raja
12-11-11, 14:43
Hi Jess,

When I see your posts i may as well write them as my symptoms seem to mirror yours! How u feeling today?

bomberbeamish
12-11-11, 16:57
Ive just posted summit the same,,, over a period of couplr of weeks,, ive got up during night then start to feel sick,, that im lieing on yhe floor sweat pouring off me feel im going to be sick,, and yhe other end,, and then it passes and im fine,,, im worride what it can be,,, i do sweat alot at nite sometimes,,, but today i feel crap,, but dont know if im telling me self this,,

raja
12-11-11, 18:01
Hi, I think it's safe to say we all have one major think in common we worry a lot about everything right? The key to getting through this is to try and overcome this as worry causes more stomach acid and causes more symptoms. I find it difficult to achieve this at the moment? How do you cope?

spacebunnyx
12-11-11, 18:07
Heya,

I'm feeling a bit better, thanks Raja.. but i still have this gnawing hunger-like discomfort in my stomach. makes me feel a bit sick. do you or anyone else have similar feeling?

Jess

raja
12-11-11, 19:28
Hi Jess,

Yes I used to get that a lot continuous for weeks but it soon passed. It will pass try eating porridge that helps you keep full. Has helped me with that, now trying to deal with the acid but been ok today too :) jess and everyone else who is in lnvolved in the post remember one thing we will get through this!!!!