PDA

View Full Version : I couldnt keep on being a burdon

Granny Primark
06-11-11, 17:15
Ive not posted in a while or been in the chatroom.
This year has been a tough one, with bereavements,family problems and health problems.
Nmp members have been brill and given me loads of support but I felt it was time to stop posting and telling people my probs when I know they have probs of there own.
Ive had a good week and am waiting for a crb check so I can work for the wrvs.
Im hoping this helps others as well as me.
Im a people person and need to be needed if that makes sense?
I did voluntary work at a charity shop and enjoyed it. However the shop was difficult to get to if I didnt have the car.
Granny primark is back but a little more quieter which perhaps is a good thing. lol

ElizabethJane
06-11-11, 18:00
Well done with getting a job with the WRVS. I had to have a CRB check when I worked in a children's nursery (I was their cook!) So long as you disclose everything about yourself it should be ok. I have done voluntary work in the past for the local hospice and they provided training and a free meal. It was great confidence booster at a time when I could not do a proper job. It can go down on your CV too as it is all good in that respect too. What type of work will you be doing? is it meals on wheels? Take care Lynn you have come a long way. EJ.

mikewales
06-11-11, 18:15
Glad you are doing a bit better Lynn, and the voluntary work sounds a great thing to keep you occupied

pinkdove
06-11-11, 18:30
good luck with your new post, and nice to have you back, you have been a great help to others too, hope to see you back in chat soon take care x

shaka
06-11-11, 19:13
Good luck,and best wishes

yvonne_uk_98
06-11-11, 23:57
Good to have you back and well done for getting a Job in wrvs. the wrvs is good place to work. best wishes.

Chem
06-11-11, 23:59
Lovely to see you back. I wondered where you were. Take care :hugs:

saro
07-11-11, 04:37
Thank good.. keep positive :) I knew some ladies who worked at wrvs they are really nice there :) glad to hear u are doing better x

sunshine-lady
07-11-11, 11:37
Welcome back Lynn, thought it had been a little too quiet around here :whistles: Good luck with with the voluntary work with the WRVS .... wear that tabard with pride!! :hugs: xxx