PDA

View Full Version : old panic creeping back in, please help

jaxx
06-11-11, 19:15
Hi there..
I dealt with severe panic attacks 8 years ago with symptoms like my obsession with breathing and swallowing. Constantly thinking about my breathing - if i was breathing enough, too little. scared i would stop breathing all together. Also a tightness in my throat and nasal passage(afraid to swallow) as if my throat was closing over.Sometimes a gagging feeling as if i am going to be sick. When this happened to me the first time my doc put me on Paxil, and my symptoms seem to have been under control until these last twoweeks. I stopped taking the paxil approx 3 months ago as i thought i had overcame these feelings of panic.. Now these symptoms seem to be back and with a vengeance. I was so proud of myself for getting off the drugs. i did not want to be dependant on a drug anymore. But i now feel desperate to get these scary feelings out of my head... I have taken a week off of work and am spending time with my family in my home town ... I am planning on going to see my doc sometime this week. Has anyone else had these relapse symptoms when getting off meds? is there another solution?

nomorepanic
06-11-11, 19:17
Hi jaxx

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

nicola1980
06-11-11, 19:18
Hi i came off citalopram in june cause i felt great but then wham come sept the anxiety/panic attacks started again! I did have alot of difficult things going off so this is prob why but i had to start them again 7 weeks ago xx

Stephanie Plum
06-11-11, 19:58
I've just had a big relapse after thinking I'd been doing really well. Guess I just still need some help with it that's all. I think it's par for the course with this condition unfortunately. Lots of us out here.