PDA

View Full Version : CBT and a dog and back at work!

feege
26-05-06, 17:01
Hi everyone...

I haven't been on the site so much this last week but it's for GOOD reasons so I thought I put a post here!!!

Thanks to this wonderful site and the support of so many people, some in particular (you know who you are!!!) over the last few weeks I have finally begun to get the help I have needed for so long.

After 15-20 years of gradually increasing panic/anxiety and chronic health problems including ME I reached a crisis just after xmas when my daughter in law's leukaemia returned and the outlook looked (and still does) pretty grim... My physical health, being menopausal etc deteriorated and my health anxiety spiralled out of all proportion and I went off work long term sick for three months from Feb.

About 7/8 weeks ago I finally decided to pay for CBT (I've been on an NHS waiting list for over a year and there's every possibility I'll have to wait another couple of years to get it free) and I can't believe how much it has helped. I have had to work very hard at it... but it has enabled me to give myself the one thing I really wanted - a new dog!!!!

I no longer feel like a lonely miserable middle-aged neurotic, but a nackered not so young dog-lover!!!

I also returned to work on Tuesday and managed two mornings as part of a phased return and with the support of my cbt I have been able to be assertive about keeping this to a manageable level...

So all in all this is definitely a turning point... although I'm well aware progress is never linear!

Thank you to all the people who have encouraged and supported me over the last few months - I reckon if I can improve anyone can!!

Love to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

Quirky
26-05-06, 18:01
Well done Fee! :D:D:D

You have done so well, I'm so proud of you. You have worked hard and deserve to be reaping the benefits. I think having a dog is the best thing ever and know you've wanted this for so long.

Thanks so much for the support you give me too.

Onwards and upwards all the way!

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

Karen
26-05-06, 20:12
Hi Fee

I'm so pleased to see you posting in the Success Stories forum [8D]. You have put in so much hard work and remain determined to continue with recovery and this persistence is paying off.

I also think Jed has done you the world of good!

Having to pay for CBT is not right and ideally it would be available to everyone within a reasonable time period. I know the struggle to get this kind of help though and am facing the same difficulties.

You have been such a support to me and I am so happy that you are feeling such a lot better.

Karen xx

marie ross
27-05-06, 01:36
Hi Fee (nackered but not so young dog lover)!!!!!

Well done, i really hope that everything turns out well for you, you sound like you deserve it. Your dog sounds like such a sweetie, my kids are always on at me for one and i can feel my resolve slipping away!!!! Take care and good luck in all that you do.

Marie XXX

giddy
27-05-06, 08:21
Well done Fee - its great to hear how well you are doing.
Love Helen

Coni
27-05-06, 08:54
Hi Fee,

Just wanted to say a big WELL DONE! What you have achieved is absolutely fantastic and its so encouraging to hear how far you've come. Keep it up...youre doing great!

Coni X

bobsy
27-05-06, 11:04
Well done Fee you have remarkably well keep it up

bobsy;)

EebyJeeby
27-05-06, 15:48
Congratulations Fee, on achieving so much. You have come a long way and are stronger for it. Keep up the good work!

Eeb xx

tammyg
27-05-06, 22:24
Lovely to read about your progress - well done!

Tammy x

heths
28-05-06, 13:32
Hi Fee,

It's nice to hear how well you're doing, well done.

Take Care,

Heather

Southern_Belle
03-06-06, 18:24
Fee,

I'm so happy to hear your good news. As a fellow dog lover I send my congrats.

Bel

pips
04-06-06, 17:07
Well Done hun,

Animals are so precious huh. Keep up the good work sweetie.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

Alexandra
05-06-06, 15:32
Hi Fee

Oh im so pleased to hear your news hun its excellent.

Well done.

Take Care[8D]

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Paddington
08-06-06, 14:38
way to go fee!I am so thrilled 4 you.You do somuch 4 others and are a couragous woman,it STINKS that you had to pay but HEY IT WORKS!!lovely bout your dog too,onwards and upwards fee!love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore