PDA

View Full Version : Never been so sure of anything

kirstynic
07-11-11, 08:39
Pelvic pains constantly now the pain is worth after urinating. Laporoscopy nearly 5 years ago, transvaginal ultrasound 6 months ago and swabs last week have all been clear. Which means it has to be cervical cancer I am so so sure that when I get my smear test results they will be abnormal probably severely as this has been a ongoing problem.

I am so scared, I have read on here people reassuring others by saying if it was cancer your pain would be constant, well mine is its there when I wake up night to go a wee, and another symptom I have been weeing loads.

I am so scared, upset of leaving my little girls my beautiful angel I am 25 and this pelvic problem has never been resolved it all started with pain during sex and that was a long time ago the smear test is going to be abnormal there's nothing else it can be

Hck80
07-11-11, 09:35
I couldn't read and not reply, i know the waiting game is so scary! Are you able to ring up Drs to see if they have the results yet?
I know whatever I say will not reassure you but I just wanted to reply. I had cin3 a few years ago and I have to have yearly smears now so I know how scary this kind of thing can be.
I really hope you get your results soon

kirstynic
07-11-11, 09:42
I only had the test done Thursday, and paid to have it done at a private hospital as my doctor refused to give me one as its not due till next year. I am so scared I am trying to distract myself but i don't see what else can be causing the pains. The pelvic pain is mainly on the left but sometimes on the right, it's a constant ache that goes down my leg and round to the back. I had swabs done last week and bled alot, I urinate loads during the night and now it hurts more when I wee. Even if I had not googled I would still be scared it was on the news that cervical cancer is rising in young woman and had warning signs that I have some of so scared

bronte
07-11-11, 13:49
have ypu got ibs i have these pains ive been told i have irritable bladder as well which means pain and weeing loads and i have ibs and a bad lower back which my gp says are all contributing to my pelvic pain have you had regular smears because if you have it makes actual cervical cancer very very unlikely and has for bleeding after swabs ect so do i ive also been told my cervix is bulky which is apparently normal for me and i have a cervical erosion yay who would be a woman ehh x

zippy
07-11-11, 13:58
I know how you feel, i have been having issues with a missed period and pains down by my left ovary that radiates into my back, hip and groin and ibs type symptoms. I have been to docs this morning and she felt my tummy and everything felt normal and ordered bloods to be done for hormones. But i came out and i wasnt satisfied as i never am. She said ibs pains can be low down in the ovary area. I had a pelvic scan last year but i always think what if something else has started since then. I have a constant anxious feeling and cant get the thoughts out of my head.

kirstynic
07-11-11, 14:29
I had a smear in 2009 but it was the old type smear which I am worried would not have been reliable it came back normal but at the time I bled quite alot and the gynae didn't think it would be readable, he didn't want to do it as I was 23.

I asked the doctor about ibs and he said the pain would not be constant and that low down I am so worried and my smear result won't be back for a few days I know it's going to be abnormal I am so scared

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

How old are you zippy? I went last week with these pains and even after I told the doctor they had been constant for a week he just felt my tummy and was happy to send me away, I asked him to do a pelvic exam and swabs and wanted a smear but he refused that's why I had to pay for one private.

The pain is like an ache in my groin, pelvic back and leg but do get stabbing pains, I am so worried I have lost my appetite and just feel tired shakey and scared

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

When the doctor did my swabs he said I have a bulky womb or uterus and that it looked irritated which made me more worried as read this as a symptom of cervical cancer.

The gynaecologist who did my smear test said I have a cervical erosion which sounded scary

zippy
07-11-11, 14:48
I am 42. I know i have had bowel symptoms before with anxiety but i always think no its different this time. Well my doctor said ibs can cause pain just about anywhere and i mentioned down by my ovary and she said yes it can be. She felt my tummy and said she couldnt feel anything. I also feel nauseas, full quick after eating and my stomach and down below just doesnt feel right. I know some is anxiety because i have a permanent anxious feeling. But i need to stop googling symptoms because whatever results come up i just focus on the cancer ones.

kirstynic
07-11-11, 14:55
Yes I am the same zippy, it's horrible but after having a clear scan for these pains in april I am sure it is cervical cancer as this is something I haven't been all cleared on.

See I doubt I have ibs as I don't have any bowel issues I am neither constipated or have diarhea well I do sometimes but only if I eat some takeaways.

happydylbob
07-11-11, 15:02
Hello
I had a pain last year that was an aching always down the left side and it also went into my leg. I also worried about cervical cancer and convinced myself it was. The doc first said it was muscular and then as I kept going back she sent me for an internal scan. All came back ok and the pain eventually went away. I had a smear earlier this year which was ok. I still have no idea what it was but I know when you are going through these things and you tell yourself there is something seriously wrong it takes a lot to believe otherwise. I hope your outcome turns out ok, and I hope my example has been a little reassuring.

Sending lots hugs your way
:)

kirstynic
07-11-11, 15:23
Thankyou for your reply it's nice to have people to talk to

Was your pain there constantly and how long did it last?

I am so scared and not able to think of what's causing it I thought maybe pms but unlikely as started 2 weeks before I was due on and I also have pelvic adhesions but don't think it would be those

zippy
07-11-11, 15:31
My stomach pains are whats bothering me, if i had just missed a period and had no other symptoms i would be calm and just wait to see if my next period was normal. But with googling symptoms and seeing ovarian cancer can mimic ibs my anxiety has rocketed.

kirstynic
07-11-11, 15:41
I know how you are feeling its so horrible not know and finding our symptoms match the most horrible thing.

If you do have ibs maybe you are having a flare up are you taking anything for the pain?

zippy
07-11-11, 16:21
I have never been officially diagnosed with ibs but last year when i was at the doctors every other day because i thought i was dying the doctor said all the pains were coming from my stomach due to anxiety. I dont know why but i feel different this time and always think what if it is cancer this time. I have been ok for 12 months but when i missed my period the silly thoughts started coming back and i tried to rationalise them and stupidly googled them so what stood out was ovarian cancer. And now my stomach and pains are going crazy so i just think even more that its cancer. I hate feeling like this. People that have been diagnosed with cancer probably arent as anxious and neurotic as us:ohmy:

kirstynic
07-11-11, 16:46
It's horrible and always feels like there is something, I had the same ovarian cancer worry as you back in April after a all clear scan the pain seemed to clear to but this time it's different, I have quite a high pain threshold and the shooting pains have been getting to me and the ache is relentless the doctor gave me cocomodole but it does nothing to my pain, everywhere I read it says cancer won't respond to pain killers and if it was cancer the pain would be constant mine is both it is 24/7 and nothing seems to make it go away, I would agree maybe I could be thinking about it and making it worse but I get up half asleep and night and feel it

zippy
07-11-11, 17:03
I know i am the same my friend said stop podding and poking, i am forever feeling down by my ovaries and then the other day it was sore on both sides. I keep feeling my groin because that was sore the other day and i could feel something when i walked.I woke up this morning and right across the bottom of my back was sore. I wake up and its the first thing i think about and lay thinking what do i feel like today, and within 5 mins i feel sick and have to go to toilet with loose bowels. I even know its not doing me any good googling but its like i cant help it.

kirstynic
07-11-11, 17:10
I know it's like a addiction I go on google to reassure myself or least that's what I think but it makes me worse, are you taking any pain killers for your pains?

zippy
07-11-11, 17:39
I take co-codamol but i get up one day and my groin is sore and then the next day down by my ovary is sore and today my stomach pains are awful.I have pains in my side,back and under my left rib and it just doesnt feel right sort of like full and constantly achey. I had a pelvic scan and endoscopy last year so i know they probably wont do another even though its different symptoms. I will just have to wait for the bloods to come back to test for hormones but i know if they are normal that i will not be satisfied and reassured.

kirstynic
07-11-11, 18:05
If you were scanned last year that's a good thing and maybe will help calm you tho I was scanned in April and there's always that worry that something could have happened since then tho my pain worry is cervical cancer and that would not have been picked up on anything :( my pain is pretty much in the same place just feel it in my groin, pelvic area, back, leg and ovary area. Cocodomol does nothing to help so mite not take it anymore it feels like period pain alot of the time like I just wanna curl up with something hot but that don't help either. The worry is bringing me down but the constant ache for 2 weeks is also getting to me, I have lost my appetite a bit which is so unlike me and am also really tired tho am waking up early hours of the morning worrying and also wee loads in the night to

zippy
07-11-11, 18:13
Yes my appetites rubbish and i feel full quick. I also wake up early and also wee alot during the night. I am not reassured with having a scan last year because i didnt have these symptoms and think something else is going on since. She felt my stomach today and said it felt fine but i am never satisfied and want more tests. I know if these bloods are fine i wont settle until i get a scan of my ovaries or blood test for it.

kirstynic
07-11-11, 18:26
Along with all that I am now worrying bout feeling so tired and looking so rough well pale and I'll

Why don't you ask the doctor to do a pelvic examination, your ovaries can be felt during this and it may ease your mind a bit

spacebunnyx
07-11-11, 18:46
hi, i have had CIN as well, and i had no symptoms. the most common symptom for cc is bleeding.

jess xxx

kirstynic
07-11-11, 18:53
Hi jess

Are you having treatment for it or waiting for another smear?