PDA

View Full Version : PTSD confirmed

SSA181
07-11-11, 18:20
I went to see a local mental health team a few weeks ago and had an assessment. The man said that after speaking to me he thought that i had PTSD and sent me to see a shrink.

When I went to see her she confirmed that i do infact have PTSD, borderline personality disorder and it's either agitated or aggrivated depression can't remember which one she said.

She said that i've more than likely had the BPD from a very young age but i function with it well and the PTSD came on when i had my son 8 years ago. He was born with Gastroschisis and was taken away from me at birth and wisked away to a hospital 60 miles away to have life saving surgery. We were told to name him as he could die in the operation. We finally got there and i was able to hold my son for the first time :) the nurse put him in my arms and he DIED !! They got him breathing again and we took it from there. He spent a month in hospital and when he was 3 months old we found out that he also has a condition called Setpo Optic Displaysia, Optic nerve hypo playsia, nystagmus and holes in his heart and he'd only ever see shadows. This obviously broke me heart.

The Dr said that this started off the PTSD and it's been aggrivated by other things that have happened in my life since then. Seeing my sister in law hanging in a barn was another thing that didn't help.

I'm on a medication called Seroquel now and i'm up to 100mg a day. Didn't like the idea of being on anti-psychotics !! Stigma and all that :weep: also on propananol for the anxiety.

Anybody else had/have anything like this going on?

FRANKIEISBACK
18-11-11, 15:31
I am on sertraline