PDA

View Full Version : Derealization?

Mags01SP
26-05-06, 21:32
I know all about derealization and that from my psychiatrist, and I've had the feelings before, but this "form" is kind of scaring me. I don't really get the feelings anymore, but it's more of a thought that nothing's real and everything around me is in my imagination. How do I get rid of this thought? Do I ignore it?

Sacha
28-10-08, 13:01
I know how you feel I have been suffering with derealisation for a while and it often comes in the form or not feeling like anything is real around me. I feel like everything is fake and even when people talk to me I still feel like they are not there doing it. I don't know how to get rid of it, wish I did because it is very tiring and depressing. Hope you feel better soon.

berkshiregirl
28-10-08, 18:44
i too feel this way is horrible, mine at the moment is feeling like i am speaking but am not really there like my mouth is moving but is not me talking wierd dont know if that makes sense

Richd
29-10-08, 22:30
I get it as well, have it real bad right now, where I feel the world isn't real and I'm something other than myself, like life is one massive computer game or virtual reality. It's dreadful. I don't know what advice to give, I'm in the middle of CBT at the moment which is helping some of my anxiety, but this is lurking still. Nasty stuff. Am thinking of going back on medication to try to ease it actually.

alswife
30-10-08, 08:21
I think trying to ignore it is a good thing to do. I had DR for a long time and found the key to getting rid of it was to ignore it and keep myself distracted. I've not had it for over 10 months now so i'm praying i've seen the last of it.