PDA

View Full Version : Hemorrhoids

MissSunshine
08-11-11, 00:34
Hi all I have had hemorrhoids ever since having my first child in 2008..

The doctor has tried to get rid of them in the past with cream etc, but nothing worked. my new doctor said i can try and try and they will never go its one of those things your left with after having a baby!

They havent been much hassle, they get massive sometimes but then deflate, but theres something that has been annoying me all week..

it feels as tho its tingling, like a worm is riggling up there (tmi) it doesnt hurt but its very annoying! is this normall?

Also went googling it i found something horrible saying if you dont treat hemorrhoids things can get worse and need a urgent removal and this scared me, is this true or is there anyone out there who has them and no problem? thanks to those who can help x

PinkRoxy
08-11-11, 08:13
I'm not too sure what to say about this. But I would maybe talk to your gp about it.
You are very brave I have a feeling I may have it but too embarrassed to tell anyone.

Have you asked if you should get them removed? because maybe that is the best thing to do if it is bothering you.

Can I ask you do you get itchiness in that area sometimes?

MissSunshine
08-11-11, 15:52
Hiya, turns out that I have worms! oh oh!

Rachel W
08-11-11, 19:02
Oh dear, but what I was going to say about hemarroids is that I have had then since I was 14 and they don't bother me much. They may appear after straining but then they hide again. They sometimes get a bit sensitive (one in particular) but never had them sore or itchy. I am now 40, so don't worry about them needing surgery.

If they DO bleed and get big then the operation is simple. My Dad had some removed years ago because he was getting anemic because of blood loss. He occasionally gets spotting. I never have.

MissSunshine
08-11-11, 19:33
Oh dear, but what I was going to say about hemarroids is that I have had then since I was 14 and they don't bother me much. They may appear after straining but then they hide again. They sometimes get a bit sensitive (one in particular) but never had them sore or itchy. I am now 40, so don't worry about them needing surgery.

If they DO bleed and get big then the operation is simple. My Dad had some removed years ago because he was getting anemic because of blood loss. He occasionally gets spotting. I never have.

I have had them since 18, im now 22 and like you I do have episodes where there like grapes after going to the loo, but they do go down..
my mum suffers too!
and regarding the itchiness, no they havent itched before, i thought they were last night but that was the worms! lol (gross)