PDA

View Full Version : Scared...what to expect from a screening appointment with mental health team??

nicola1980
08-11-11, 07:05
Hi, I got my appointment thro yesterday for my appointment with the community mental health team.......its this fri at 10am ARGH, letter said its a screening appointment and will last an hour?? what will they ask me etc, im absoutly petrified and my anxiety has been thro the roof since i got the appointment :weep: Im scaredthat im going to be such a state on the day they won't be able to assess me properly......im also not good talking to strangers about my feelings (apart from u guys!) and always put on a brave face to others! Im currently taking citalopram this will be my 8th week on it! thanks xx

westmidslad1983
08-11-11, 08:14
just think positive and try to relax and it will go faster you will feel 100 times better when you come out trust me

nicola1980
08-11-11, 08:28
Thanks its just so daunting, i feel such a faliure as a wife and mum needing all this help :weep: xx

Jamesk
08-11-11, 08:40
Thanks its just so daunting, i feel such a faliure as a wife and mum needing all this help :weep: xx

Don't be daft :hugs:If you had a broken leg you wouldn't be a "failure" for needing someone to put a plaster cast on it. Same thing. You are seeking help in recovering so you can get back to being a great wife and mum!

nicola1980
08-11-11, 09:11
Don't be daft :hugs:If you had a broken leg you wouldn't be a "failure" for needing someone to put a plaster cast on it. Same thing. You are seeking help in recovering so you can get back to being a great wife and mum!
Thanks......thats a great way of looking at it!! xx

nicola1980
08-11-11, 09:25
just relax and don't be nervous.Lhasa Tour (http://www.beijinglandscapes.com/lhasa-tour.html)
Ill try!! thanks xx