PDA

View Full Version : cracking up.

zippy
08-11-11, 10:15
Does this sound like typical anxiety? I wake up early and first thing i think of is what do i feel like today, i am dying, then 5 mins later i feel sick. I have a constant tense feeling in my stomach and cant get thoughts that i have cancer out of my head. Constantly prodding and feeling my body for anything abnormal. Feeling full and lack of appetite, loose bowels, pains in stomach/back/side/groin, loads of wind. Crying on my own because i think i am dying and feeling sorry for myself. I have convinced myself i have ovarian cancer because of my stomach issues and a late and light period.
Because i feel so ill i think i must be dying.

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 ----------

Nobody? :weep:

austinali66
08-11-11, 11:24
It does sound like typical anxiety/depression. I know the waking up early and feeling sick and panicked is so horrible, its a very classic symptom. Are you taking any medication or have you seen a doctor? If not try to see someone soon and get some help. Hope this helps.

zippy
08-11-11, 11:33
I was at the doctors yesterday and she felt my stomach and took bloods for hormones. I dont feel satisfied with just that i feel she should have taken a full blood count at least. Cant stop worrying that i have ovarian cancer.

chl_hobbs
08-11-11, 12:00
I too wake up every morning and feel the same (i had an emergency laparotomy andwas in intensive care 10weeks ago due to surgery going wrong). Since then every morning the first thing i think of when i wake is 'what's wrong today?' 'where's the pain?'. With that i wretch and wretch until i bring up bile. Then i empty my bowels. My pulse rate shoots up too. It takes me a good hr to settle down. I have tried to settle myself by developing a 'routine'. So, when i wake up, i tell myself 'if something was seriously wrong you would be screaming with pain-youre ok' or 'you felt like this a week agoand youre still ok'. I empty my bowls, tell myself i WILL NOT be sick. I go downstairs and have a Ginger tea(helps nausea) and watch tv. It's not full proof, but if i do the same daily it helps.

Like you i insist on tests as proof that im ok(or not). I even used to take myself to a+e an because of my recent surgery they did do lots of bloods scans etc. However, after a while i wouldnt be satisfied with that, and wanted them done constantly. It's hard to find the correct balance i think.

It is normal, and if you think you have the symptoms of ovarian cancer, ask for a scan/ultrasound also, to settle your mind.

Charlotte x

zippy
08-11-11, 12:42
I will see what she says on thursday when i go for my hormone bloods result. She felt my tummy and she said it felt fine but i might ask for an internal amd fbc etc. I was like this last year but with different symptoms, thought i had brain,liver,kidney cancer etc etc. So i know i am probably being irrational but i always think no i feel diffferent this time and my friend says i say that every time. It just takes over my brain that i have cancer and its going to be to late when they find it.