PDA

View Full Version : Back to work??

kirgray
08-11-11, 09:09
Hi all, i was signed off work for 2 weeks, my note runs out this friday, but when i go to see doc this week am thinking of saying i want to try work again next week, im petrified but dont want to stay off too long!! can i do a phased return after being off for 2 weeks??? does anyone know?

Mirabelle
08-11-11, 09:27
You can do a phased return, use leave if you have to. Good luck
xx

kirgray
09-11-11, 10:18
i think i need a bit more time and then hoping for phased return thanks mirabelle xx

bobcat
09-11-11, 15:43
i think i need a bit more time and then hoping for phased return thanks mirabelle xx

Hello

i was of for 5 weeks, back now on a phased return working half days and adding an hr each week also my emplyer says i can go to dr's and therapy as and when i need too xx

potato11
09-11-11, 16:26
Hiya Kirgray

Out of interest, what methods have you looked at to overcome your anxiety?

If you've never tried CBT, i highly recommend it. UK guidelines say that CBT is the most effective treatment for panic attacks and anxiety. Have a look at this thread

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91696

There is an online course called CBT4PANIC, free trial, recommended by NMP members and myself. After trying it, I was able to enjoy going to work again for the first time in a year! So give it a whirl to boost your confidence returning to work.

All the best :)

kirgray
10-11-11, 15:55
Hi Potatoe! (makes me think of celeb juice!)

I have tried CBT before found it ok i was a bit lazy and didnt put my all into it, i will have a go at this, i am hoping to try a group anxiety class also.