PDA

View Full Version : how often is it normal to panic?

a-little-room-to-breathe
26-05-06, 21:58
hey guys, my panic attacks have been getting steadily worse for a few months, and i'm having panic attacks every day, or every other day at least. it really freaks me out having them so often, often i have two or three in a day!! its really messing up my life, im scared to go anywhere. is it normal to get them so often? i normally get at least five every week, if not more. is this normal?

please help!!!
katie xxx

"If I can wipe from any human cheek, a tear,
Convince one man that hope and heaven are near,
Create more joy, more hope, less pain,
And though not one shall know my name nor drop a flower on my grave,
I shall not have lived in vain while here."

clickaway
26-05-06, 22:35
Hi Katie,

It is perefectly normal to have a panic attacks that frequent. Do you know why you are having them?

I have experienced very frequent panic attacks because of say a frustration and it has taken an external factor to calm me down and break the cycle. I think you are conditioning yourself to *expect* a panic attack each day now. Have you got any distraction going on?

Please be assured that these attacks are not harming you, despite their nature. Let them come on and accept that they are happening. They will pass.

Take Care

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Wenjoy
27-05-06, 14:08
Hi Katie
Panic feeds on panic. This site has taught me that if you fear a panic attack then it will come because your fear of it recyles the fear and it comes to you. I have been trying really hard to learn how to deep breathe and say "calm" to myself and know that a PA is the bodys way of tryign to help you asit thinks you are in danger - its flooding you with adrenaline to run away even tho there is no threat so you have to respect your body and say"no, im fine thankyou - I am calm and fine" and it will pass - like a wave on the sea when it crashes on the beach it will lose intensity once it reaches its peak so be brave - you are doing great. Love wenjoy x