PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here. Paranoia and anxiety is my thing..

michmash
08-11-11, 12:31
Hi all,

I'm 28, have suffered with social anxiety and paranoia since my early teens.

I've never really spoken to anyone about this (professionally or with friends, as I don't have any friends!). I take medication (propranalol) to alleviate tremors. These were prescribed to me nearly 10 years ago and continue to be without any real talk about why i need them, which is the way I like it I suppose - have always struggled with expressing myself and feel kinda pathetic talking about my 'problems'.

From the outside people look at me as pretty normal - I have a job and I put on a good and well practiced front to appear this way (most of the time). i do know I'm seen as slightly odd as I don't have friends or a social life, and can come across as aloof and even superior because of my shyness, which I hate because nothing is further from the truth!

Struggling to articulate myself here.... but if anyone suffers from the same or similar would be nice to chat...

Michelle :blush:

nomorepanic
08-11-11, 12:33
Hi michmash

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.