PDA

View Full Version : Re anti acids (perscription )

brew30
08-11-11, 14:50
Has anyone had all or most of the perscription antiacids with no relief and made the symptoms worse unable to belch full feeling in chest as if i have just eaten a full meal and bad burning in the stomach :weep::weep::weep:

hyg
08-11-11, 17:43
Hi
Ive been taking omeprazole for a year and when I first started them it took a good month for the symptoms of reflux to calm down. My gp said it takes on average 6 weeks for the irritated stomach lining to repair so it might be that you have nt been taking them long enough and so your still experiencing reflux symptoms-hope this helps x

spacebunnyx
08-11-11, 18:02
omg thats how i feel right this second... tightness/tense around stomach and if i squeeze my stomach muscles i belch a bit and it relieves the "pressure" a little...also have gnawing "hunger" nausea feeling sometimes and feel full. I'm trying to convince myself its anxiety - but you know how hard it is!!!!

i'm taking a PPI as well...seems to not work too great either! sorry you're feeling rubbish.. but selfishly I'm glad i'm not alone to!!

jess

raja
08-11-11, 18:31
Same feeling here it's like my stomach is never 100% even when taking ppi anti acid u2 blocker etc....how are your anxiety levels would be interested to know if there is a correlation?

brew30
08-11-11, 20:36
well guy's i would have the acid enyday than the symptons that the tab's havin given me!!!! i've felt crap.... made me have traped wind in my upper chest...felt like i had taken a brick not a little tab.NEVER!!!! again will i take them..bent my self over n forced the tablet up. god guy;s cant tell u the relief. but thanks sooooo much. thought i was alone on this one xxxx:yesyes:

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

omg thats how i feel right this second... tightness/tense around stomach and if i squeeze my stomach muscles i belch a bit and it relieves the "pressure" a little...also have gnawing "hunger" nausea feeling sometimes and feel full. I'm trying to convince myself its anxiety - but you know how hard it is!!!!

i'm taking a PPI as well...seems to not work too great either! sorry you're feeling rubbish.. but selfishly I'm glad i'm not alone to!!

jess........... glad of your reply jess. cant tell u how i felt. thought i bought it big time. panick was at a 10-10 crying phoning everyone up asking them to come n sit with me. going back to the doc's on monday.:ohmy:

blondinou
08-11-11, 20:45
Hey I get indigestion, full nauseous feelings after meals etc too. Haven't gone to get any medication yet, thinking about it!

Apparently out of those with indigestion, 10% actually have an irritated stomach lining or ulcer, and 80-90% have 'non-ulcer dyspepsia' aka 'functional dyspepsia' which means indigestion etc all the symptoms but without anything physically there. So PPIs or other drugs won't really make a difference because there's nothing to fix. It can be yet another manifestation of stress/anxiety. I hope this helps some people make sense of what's going on!

avasnana
09-11-11, 09:13
Hi Brew30,

Its awful isn't it. I went to the docs on monday after having a really bad night with indigestion and he prescribed omeprazole (20mg) to take 1 a day for 2 months. felt awful after taking the first one on monday, headache and dizzy then thought i would try to stick with it and took another yesterday morning again headache and dizzy then last night heartburn, cold sweats and feeling of trapped wind. Im not going to take any more and am going to ask if there is something else or maybe just stick with the gaviscon.

Its such a vicius circle isnt it, you get get the acid reflux which makes you anxious which then makes the acid worse :-(

nicola1980
09-11-11, 09:18
Hi Brew30,

Its awful isn't it. I went to the docs on monday after having a really bad night with indigestion and he prescribed omeprazole (20mg) to take 1 a day for 2 months. felt awful after taking the first one on monday, headache and dizzy then thought i would try to stick with it and took another yesterday morning again headache and dizzy then last night heartburn, cold sweats and feeling of trapped wind. Im not going to take any more and am going to ask if there is something else or maybe just stick with the gaviscon.

Its such a vicius circle isnt it, you get get the acid reflux which makes you anxious which then makes the acid worse :-(
Hi omeprazole did the exact same to me, headaches, dizzy and had panic attacks! took it for 2 days then gave up, went back to the docs and ranitidine and the exact same happeneas with omeprazole so ive gave up now and just using gaviscon, couldn't cope with the headaches or panic attacks on either of them xx

brew30
13-11-11, 11:52
THINK THERE GUNA STICK THE CAM DOWN ME.... MY MIND IS DOING OVERTIME. EVERYTIME THE ACID STARTS THE PAINS COME ON IN MT CHEST N BACK. TRY TO THINK NICE THOUGHTS. TELLING MYSELF ITS JUST THE ACID, THOUGHT OF GOING BACK TO WRK WITH ALL THESE PAINS N THOUGHTS. SCARED BIG TIME :blush: XX

always-ill
13-11-11, 12:15
I was put on Omeprazole for silent reflux, no symptoms of acid or indigestion, just had feelings that my throat was closing up. I took them for 2 weeks without any improvement, but gained 3lb so gave them up. My throat got better on its own shortly after I gave up sweetener that Id started having instead of sugar whilst following a fad diet!
Anyways, Ive started suffering acid and indigestion type symptoms recently, which I suspect are anxiety related, but I find renee chewables help the acid and if you get that full feeling like you have a lot of food and wind sitting high up in your throat causing discomfort, try sipping hot water, just plain hot water as hot as you can stand it and it seems to bring up the wind a treat and settle your stomach. Works like a treat for me so thought Id share.
Always.

raja
13-11-11, 12:39
Brew30, I understand what you going through, my mind is the same and it gets worse and worse anxiety feeds of it. My doctor said more anxious and worried you are the more hydrocholric acid the stomach produces, how often do you get it?

brew30
13-11-11, 18:09
Hi omeprazole did the exact same to me, headaches, dizzy and had panic attacks! took it for 2 days then gave up, went back to the docs and ranitidine and the exact same happeneas with omeprazole so ive gave up now and just using gaviscon, couldn't cope with the headaches or panic attacks on either of them xx..... the dizzy n headaches dont bother me, dint really have those sympton's. its the chest n back symptons that scare me. omg.... hate them. trying to belch n relieve the traped wind. start thinking its my heart. just have to see what the doc say's in the morning x

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

Hey I get indigestion, full nauseous feelings after meals etc too. Haven't gone to get any medication yet, thinking about it!

Apparently out of those with indigestion, 10% actually have an irritated stomach lining or ulcer, and 80-90% have 'non-ulcer dyspepsia' aka 'functional dyspepsia' which means indigestion etc all the symptoms but without anything physically there. So PPIs or other drugs won't really make a difference because there's nothing to fix. It can be yet another manifestation of stress/anxiety. I hope this helps some people make sense of what's going on!.

yeah that has helped alot... mine feel's 100% worse when i'm on my own. if i phone someone wen the pains come on. i notice they dont feel as bad. but god they cause me some huge panicks:unsure: x