PDA

View Full Version : time to be selfless

R.Barratt
08-11-11, 20:02
i was meant to be leaving for college first thing this morning. however i hadnt slept so i woke up exhausted and with a migraine.
but i decided not to go. because my grandad needed me. he was very ill again in the night and my family had been looking after him throughout the night. whilst i had been sat in my flat doing nothing to help.
so yes i felt guilty and i so desperate to do something to help him and my famiy even if it was even in the slightest way.
so i called up college and told them i wouldnt be in college for the rest of the day. they werent happy but it felt positive for me to take control. so i have been at my grandads house all day helping to feed him and make him as comfortable as possible.
however i really dont like being away from the isolation and comfort of my flat. but its only for three days. thanks for the vent guys xxx :blush: xxx

lizzie29
08-11-11, 21:41
Well done, I bet you'll be so glad you went and spent that time with him. A couple of days off college won't do you any harm and sometimes you have to prioritise these things. I'm sure it's doubly hard for you - seeing your Grandad ill, and also struggling away from your flat, but good for you for doing it and giving anxiety the shove off!
I hope the next few days go okay for you. Obviously they'll be hard but you'll get lots of strength and support from people on here. x

R.Barratt
09-11-11, 19:08
thank you its nice seeing a bit of positivity. thats how i see it as well my family need me so i will be there to support them as much as i can. it is difficult but i love him :flowers: