PDA

View Full Version : ovarian cancer fear.

zippy
08-11-11, 20:15
I had a late period and when it came it was really light and only lasted 2 days. I keep getting all kinds of pains in my back/side/under armpit/down by ovary/groin/thigh and hip and lots of digestive problems i.e loose bowels and loads of wind. Stupidly googled and ovarian cancer came up so now i have convinced myself i have this. Went to docs on monday and she felt my tummy and said she couldnt feel anything and took some bloods for hormones. I cant get the thought out of my head i have cancer.:weep:

PinkRoxy
09-11-11, 06:10
I would just wait for the test results it doesnt sound like cancer to me though. It could be anything IBS or even endometriosis. Dont worry about it I'm sure its fine.

macc noodle
09-11-11, 08:36
Zippy

You have already posted similar threads to this which makes it very confusing when we look at the new post - why not add your thoughts to your original thread ?

I am sure you will be fine - I have had very similar symptoms for 3 years and I am fine - just peri-menopausal and IBS - not that it doesn't stop me from worrying that I have the big C - because I suffer from Health Anxiety.

Just try and relax and wait for the blood test result. The more you worry the greater the pain and the loose bowels will be. Trust me I do know :hugs:

Macc Noodle

toria
09-11-11, 09:03
Hi just wanted to reply as i am having some of your symptoms i have got pains in lower left side which i do get with ibs i get pains in stomach and grion I am also a week late for my period which is really worrying me, i have done a pregnancy test no pregnant but i did have a baby 17 weeeks ago so weather late period is to do with hormones getting back to normal i hope so at docs today, i do think most of us ladys get pains and other problems but when we focus on them they get worse and our periods get later, hope you ok i know its hard but try not to worry i know that is easier said than done as i am the worst worrier take care toria xx

zippy
09-11-11, 09:06
Sorry for the numerous posts but i am beside myself with worry and start new threads:weep:. I woke up through night covered in sweat. My left groin is sore everytime i move my leg and i have had a feel and it feels like the lymph node is up. So now i am even more worried because in my head i have got myself having ovarian cancer that has spread to the lymph node in my groin. Just wish i could get it out of my head.

zippy
09-11-11, 16:06
I just wanted to add so i am not doing multiple posts that my hormone blood test was ok. Should i find reassurance in that and would something have been abnormal with the bloods if i had ovarian cancer?

nomorepanic
09-11-11, 16:26
I saw this website advertised at the docs today so maybe worth a look:

http://www.targetovariancancer.org.uk/landing_page.asp?section=47&sectionTitle=I+want+to+find+out+about+ovarian+canc er

Hopefully it will reassure you or at least give you some understanding of it all.

zippy
09-11-11, 16:40
Thanks for the info and i have had a look but it didnt reassure me as i have the symtoms thats like ibs and it says it can mimic ovarian cancer. I only had the hormone blood test. I am going to ask the doc to give me an internal i think when i go on friday.

nomorepanic
09-11-11, 17:00
I think I replied to another of your posts suggesting a scan of your ovaries etc as well.

zippy
09-11-11, 17:04
I had an internal scan last year but something could have started since then. I know it says its more common in women over 50 and who have been through the menapause so i suppose thats in my favour as o am 42. I wish i hadnt googled my symptoms it sent my HA through the roof.

zippy
11-11-11, 12:31
Just wanted to add because i have been to the doctors this morning and she gave me an internal and said my ovaries and everything feel normal but shes sending me for a scan but not because she is concerned but to reassure me. She said at the most to see if there was a small cyst forming but she couldnt feel anything. She gave me some citalopram and looked at the list of symptoms i wrote down and said everyone of the symptoms can be anxiety and the pain by the ovary and ache in my groin can be stomach issues.
I did feel a little reassured when i came out but because i can still feel that somethings not right by my left ovary the HA thoughts are still there. Cant win:weep:.