PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted: hair loss

Pipcat
09-11-11, 01:17
Hey has anyone else had this if so any advice would be great as freaking out and getting down about it.
So was brushing my hair and literally clumps were coming out and even just running my fingers through my hair pulls clumps out,i know this is most likely due to my anxiety but would appreciate any advice offered

paula lynne
09-11-11, 09:25
Hi Pipcat x
Anxiety can affect hair loss quite dramatically, as can hormonal changes, or certain meds. Sometimes, as I wear my hair up a lot, when I do brush it, it seems to come out in clumps. Brush it gently every day, and use a mild shampoo. Dont use a hairdrier for a while or straighteners/curling tongs......give your hair a rest. There are several supplements you can take for hair loss, find your local chemist or Holland and Barrat, they can advise you. Massaging your scalp every day can boost blood supply and stimulate the follicles, and help promote growth. Hope this helps you.
Best wishes, Paula x

hyg
09-11-11, 10:08
Hi
Pipcat this has been happening to me since I started citalopram for anxiety 3 months ago-are you on meds ? When I asked my GP he said it was more likely to be the anxiety than the cit-but Im not sure. I know how you feel its worrying as you naturally think if it doesnt stop Im gonna go bald !!! My hair is all over the house and Im constantly blocking up the shower drain !! Try not to worry about it as this might make it worse x

Magic
09-11-11, 16:45
I have the same problem.
I have been taking vitimin B complex for ages, but still the same.
On all my meds it says hair loss. It could physilogical having to read that.
I am going to be very gentle see if that makes any difference.
I want to have some colour put into my hair as it is going from blonde to white,but I don't know if it will make hair loss worse.

Meewah
09-11-11, 21:27
Hi

There was a girl on the TV last night suffering from stress induced hair loss. I will see if I can find a link as they cured her. Here it is. May be worth a watch....

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-food-hospital/4od#3253545

Mee

Dont_look_at_me
10-11-11, 09:16
Women with abnormally high testosterone (for a female) can experience male-pattern hair loss. Drugs such as Aropax can also cause it to fall out ... Or another health condition, or extreme stress. Minoxidil (Rogaine) can stop it falling out in the first case, and if any precipitating medications are stopped. You can get it from a chemist (though it's not cheap). You simply rub it on your scalp regularly until it takes effect.

Pipcat
11-11-11, 22:40
Thanks will look into all the suggested :)
No i'm not on any meds for my anxiety

donaldpeter12
12-11-11, 10:35
So was brushing my hair and literally clumps were coming out and even just running my fingers through my hair pulls clumps out,i know this is most likely due to my anxiety but would appreciate any advice offered.