PDA

View Full Version : We know all about it

Humly
09-11-11, 09:56
Yes most of us who suffer from anxiety are very knowledgeable on the subject and are aware of just what it is doing to us and what we SHOULD be doing to try and overcome it. We have read many self help books and trawled the internet for hours trying to come to grips with things. So why cant we deal with it and why does it cause so much anguish. Is it just a case of bad luck, that we unfortunately have the personality that is more likely to suffer from anxiety and there is nothing we can do about it?

I know all about acceptance so why do I find it so hard to do it. And I know I should be eating properly and doing exercise and distracting myself. There seems to be an argument going on in my head - one side saying do this, do that, you are stronger than this and the other saying I cant. It just puzzles me and when I find the answer I will write a book and save the world. Thats my thought for the day!

nicola1980
09-11-11, 10:07
Great post ill look forward to readin your book with all the answers! :hugs: x x

Moggo
09-11-11, 11:19
Good post :)

I think it becomes so ingrained that it becomes who we are. We almost don't know a different way of thinking anymore.

There is almost a bizarre comfort in our little worlds.

Just my thoughts though, it is different for each individual.

pjr
09-11-11, 11:41
I feel like I have been anxious for all my adult life and do not know how to live my life with out anxiety controlling it! Just some times I get a little glimps of life without anxiety and it feels great but I can never hang onto that feeling. A common thought pattern with me is that if I work hard at controlling it I will get better but this track of thought usually just makes it worse. The small moments of anxiety freedom usally come when I am engrossed in something but I rarely get to this point. Anyone identify with this?

jaded jean
09-11-11, 13:52
Hi pjr.
I would say the anxiety freedom is usually because you are so focussed there is nothing else there to trouble you-I do it sometimes and then when I realize whats going on I mentally jerk myself back then I get anxy again!!Silly woman! but yes Humley please let us know of the release date of this profound book you are going to write!! As with the sided dothis do that its the good old conscience getting the better of you I shouyld be doing the same and eating healthy but I get these ideas of familysize Galaxy bars that would be the be all and end all of everything . I am never averse to that tho lol .:roflmao: And I succumb quite easily to that... or a crunchie I aint fussed ..
Jean

Rod
12-11-11, 22:58
The problem is it is so hard to completely accept it. The symptoms swap and change and are constantly appearing just when we have gotten used to the previous one. They keep us on constant guard.

True acceptance should be everyones goal. I feel like I am fully accepting till a new symptom strikes. Then I think hang on a sec this is different and cant be Anxiety and it starts again. As long as we move forward we have to eventually run out of symptoms right?

I know I will get better because I have had times that I have felt normal and thats keeps me going.