PDA

View Full Version : Zero appetite normal?

Sookie79
09-11-11, 10:59
I literally have zero appetite at the moment and I'm worried. I'm not having panic attacks constantly but feel anxious most of the day. I am trying to eat something as I know I need to but the most I can manage all day is a sandwich and half a packet of crisps.

Is it normal to have no appetite? Is there anything I can do to get it back? If I try to force food I feel sick and sometimes even thinking about eating makes me feel sick.

Have just managed a small orange and apple but don't feel like anything else :(

Humly
09-11-11, 11:19
Yes its totally normal. Dont be worried about this as its just part of being anxious. I have zero appetite as well. Just eat small things when you can. You are doing well eating the fruit as it is good for you. I am eating a lot of bananas as I find them easy to eat. Once you start to relax a bit then your appetite will come back I'm sure.

nicola1980
09-11-11, 12:29
Yep its a totally normal, ive lost over 1 and half stone thro having no appetite thanks to my anxiety and panic attacks :mad: and i was the same if i forced myself i felt sick or even was........at one point i was surviving on 1 slice of toast a day as literally couldn't stomach anything, i couldn't even sit in the same room as others were eating either cause it just turned my stomach! xx

GT
09-11-11, 14:53
if your worried your not getting enough you can buy those shakes they give old people from the chemist, they do them in supermarkets also, something to think about

Sookie79
09-11-11, 16:20
Thanks guys, really nice to know its normal. I don't like going to the doctor for every thing that happens as I feel silly but if its part of the anxiety then that's fine. I'll just wait for it to come back but stick to healthy stuff :)

Hazel B
09-11-11, 16:40
Yes, it's normal. When my anxiety was at its worst I could barely eat a bowl of porridge and I love food normally. I lost 2 stones.

Try to eat little and often: nuts, porridge, soup, milk or milk shake, eggs, bananas, fish fingers - stuff that is high in protein and good for you.

I only ate about a 1/5th of my usual intake and even then it was an effort. It will pass when you beat the anxiety.

chappers1980
09-11-11, 16:45
I was feeling just like that and my appetite has finally returned. I just ate whenever i felt like it rather than at set meal times and ate whatever i fancied rather than worrying whether its healthy or not. If you can't eat, just make sure you stay hydrated and drink plenty of water. I did try those Complan shakes for a bit but my GP told me to stay away from those as it will be harder for you to get back to eating normally. She was right in the end x