PDA

View Full Version : Driving lessons for a year. Cant take much more of this.

GirlAfraid23
09-11-11, 16:31
Ok so ive been taking driving lessons for a year as the title states and it doesnt seem to be getting any easier. I can just about drive but find parking and other manouveres very difficult. Ive booked my test for start of jan but at this rate il probably end up postponing to another later date.
What is really getting to me is my inability to do anything properly. My friends all passed when they were 17 (we are 22 now).
Please help as its really getting to me, never mind the expense!

nomorepanic
09-11-11, 17:02
The only way it gets easier is to practise loads and loads and in time it will become easier.

Do you have someone that will take you somewhere quiet so you can keep trying?

Geoff2301
09-11-11, 18:47
Can't you get put on your parents or a friends insurance as an extra "named" driver for a few weeks of intensive practice? I put my son on our car insurance for 4 weeks before his test and it cost about £80. We went out every evening for a couple of hours intensive practice........... he did all the manoevres ok for the test but failed for doing 50 in a 40mph limit!!

janine85
09-11-11, 21:59
It took me 2 years to learn due to anxiety and 5 attempts to pass ----don't give up you will get there! I did!

JohnBliss
10-11-11, 17:21
I put off learning to drive until I was 34 and found it really difficult , particularly the manoeuvres. I eventually learnt these by endless practice on deserted Industrial estates on Sundays -this is how my daughter learnt many years later. Hope you can find someone to do the same for you so you're not spending money whilst learning the basics and can concentrate on the driving during lessons
Good Luck
John