PDA

View Full Version : Low blood pressure ???

katies
27-05-06, 16:40
HI

Does anyone else suffer from low blood pressure ? I know they say that with anixety your blood pressure is usually elavated buy mine is always low and am suffering with dizziness a lo.

If I mention to the Gp he says "Great, we would all love to have low blood pressure" but it is soooooo not great - amkes you feel poo and then the anxiety gets worse because you feel permanenty spaced and like you are going to faint.

Would be interested to hear from anyone else who has low blood pressure.

Thanks

Katie S
xx

ShirleyM
27-05-06, 17:42
Hi

I also suffer from low blood pressure and get really dizzy turns, the nurse also said to me that having low blood pressure is better for you as your heart does not have to work so hard. So when I'm having really bad panic attacks and think i am going to have a heart attack I try to remind myself of that, it's not nice though but if you remember it is unlikely to harm you just make you feel a bit faint

Shirley

jackie
27-05-06, 17:48
mine is always low to normal apparently andd i do feel it is nothing to worry about

jackie

ceecee
27-05-06, 19:02
hi katie are you on any meds?when i was on ciprimil my blood pressure was low and apparentley that is a side effect i know what you mean about the dizzy feeling.take care rachel x x

katies
27-05-06, 19:08
Yes I am on cipralex so tyhat would fit - thanks for that xxx

kellynwv
27-05-06, 19:59
I have always had low blood pressure, but it never bother me till lately. I am on a low dose beta blocker and I have been getting very dizzy and always tired. She is trying to take me off of it very slowly since I went on it for a fast heart rate. I hope it helps but my heart is already racing again.

shiv
27-05-06, 20:23
I too have quite low blood pressure as do athletes and they're the healthiest peolpe around, so it really is a good thing katie and if it IS your meds it certainly isn't a bad side effect

Shiv x

kellynwv
28-05-06, 00:57
How low is yours?

Mine ranges from 100/60 to 90/56.

katies
28-05-06, 04:45
Hi Kelly

Yes about the same x

lotus
28-05-06, 11:25
Yes, mine is low too. Whenever it drops drastically, my anxiety becomes worse. I think it's because of the dizzy-faint-something's-wrong feeling. Anyway, having low blood pressure is generally better than having a high one, so ... nothing too serious to worry about. It's just a bit uncomfortable. People with low blood pressure live longer ! LOL :D

Attsila
29-05-06, 00:01
My blood pressure is low and about the same and I also have problems with dizziness. After going to a few doctors I was told I had adrenal fatigue and even though he gsve me some potassium and a cortosteroid for it. I haven't been taking them because like alot of folks with anxiety I am afraid of medicines and I didn't like the way the steroid made me feel. Basically I eat a balanced diet and take Magnesium and a B vitamin complex and drink plenty of water. I did discover this morning after wearing my glasses for a week that My contacts made me feel dizzy almost like the perscription is off. When I felt dizzy I started focusing on the dizziness and worrying which of course made the dizziness worse. I too started thinking about my blood pressure and then BOOM full blown panic attack in the middle of church. I don't think your dizziness and blood pressure are causing as much trouble for you as thinking about them. I know because I had good day yesterday and didn't think about how I felt 1 time but the minute I dwelled on it today I got worse in a hurry. Low blood pressure is actually good for you and lessons your liklihood of having coronary problems in the future....So SMILE!!!!

worrying is alot Like a Rocking Chair It is something todo but it won't get you anywhere

kellynwv
01-06-06, 13:28
I agree with you!

Have you guys noticed you are more tired since you have low blood pressure? I can't get out of bed hardly.

katies
01-06-06, 19:39
Yes am exhausted all the time x

Southern_Belle
06-06-06, 18:09
Hi,

I too have low blood pressure, usually 90/60. It did bottom out once at 65/50 and I had to be hooked up to a IV bag, they said they didn't know how I drove to the doctors office! I've always had low blood pressure but I do feel so tired. When I was able to exercise it was even lower. I also suffer from anemia so I think that makes me even more tired so I can't exercise anymore. I do know that even going up the stairs makes my heart race but I think that is from the anemia not the low blood pressure. I have heard from all my doctors though that my blood pressure is a sign of good health and that I am lucky so I don't worry about it. My grandmother had it too and she is now 96 years old!

Bel

rosekay
08-06-06, 13:55
Hi everyone
My blood pressure is always low, every single time it's taken they comment on it! Did a home bp at the weekend on someones machine and it was about 88/48 - whatever that means! Get tired sometimes, occasional dizzy spell of a couple of seconds, but ok usually. Lot of skipped heartbeats/flutters - any connection, you think? On propranolol, not making much difference.
Rosekay

musicisgood
24-06-06, 20:43
I too am hypotensive. When I came out of hospital 3rd April, I fainted a few times, and rang nhs direct who rang for an ambulance, when the paramedics came my bp was 90/40 and my pulserate was 178, and I was hooked up to oxygen and IV - I was kept in hospital til 20th April.

When I came out of hospital 14th June (after a laporascopy- I was on oxygen 4 hours after I came round from my anaesthetic) my bp was 78/50 and my pulserate was 69, but that apparanently was because I was taking tramadol regularly.

I have a history of fainting and have been in and out of hospital because of it. Was in 17-18 May (after fainting in Boots) , then was in again 28th May to 30th May (after fainting 16 times over 4 days) - at one stage whilst in A+E my oxygen was 78%, and overall my early warning score was 5!

PaladinX
26-06-06, 01:45
music is good.. this is all happening because of low blood pressure? anxiety? both? What is the reason why you are fainting so much, that sounds like a medical problem.

musicisgood
26-06-06, 07:14
I repeat what I have already said, it is because of being hypotensive

zeb
17-10-10, 18:51
I have always had a low blood pressure my normal being 110/60 but after being on ciprimil it was shockingly 60/40 at its lowest I did feel very weak at that time but it normaly would hover around 70/50. I also always seemed to have a low blood sugar reading as well on ciprimil which was a shocking 2 which is very low. now Im on mirtazipine 30mg it seems to have got back to normal being around 4 which is normal and my blood pressure seems to have got more normal as well at being 100/60 which is good. So I am happy It has improved as it did worry me a bit being too low.