PDA

View Full Version : my parents wont talk to me

Em.ma
10-11-11, 16:00
Last night i mentioned to my parents that ive seen sparrows go into our loft and i poined out the whole and the huge crack in the wall next to it. They sceamed at me and dragged me up to my room claiming i was a "silly paranoid little girl" :@. this morning i opened my blinds to see a sparrow fly into and today my parents wont say a word to me even if i try to say "hows ur day been" etc etc. am i so horrible?
i rarely ask them for help but i am scared to sleep without the light on and cant stop crying as i know animals in lofts can cause fires.

chappers1980
10-11-11, 16:11
Hi Emma,
Sparrows won't go right into the loft space, they tend to nest in the bit between the gutter. They would want a quick exit. They are lovely little birds and won't cause you any harm, they will be ever so frightened of you if you went near them, they are just looking for somewhere warm and cosy now its winter.

Maybe your folks are just having a bad day, have you asked them why they won't talk or if there is anything you can do to help them, it might break the ice a bit. x

Em.ma
10-11-11, 16:16
Hi Thank You. I try talking to them and i either get a nod a shurg or nothing its a tad frustrating. I like sparrows and as soon as i opened my blinds they flew off lol. Theyve been there months now but its the cracks thyve made all along the wall which scares me. and the hole goes into the loft. i can hear the flutter of there wings. for little birds they make a hell of noise lol :)

snowgoose
10-11-11, 16:20
Hi Emma,
so sorry to hear this . But want to reassure you that the sparrows may have found hole in brickwork or cavity wall .........but unlikely getting into your loft . Honestly ...and even if they are they will not be chewing through wiring or anything else likely to start fire . You would have to be infested with squirrels I think ............but like me you only need to read this once rare occasion in countryside to believe it will happen to you :mad:. but not sparrows Emma xx

have you contacted the local community fire officer re smoke alarm maybe for your landing ? just to give you peace of mind . their number will be I think available from local fire station . They could visit and help I am sure . please try to get one ...........not because I think you are in danger at all ..just I know it worries you and is good thing anyway :yesyes:

As for your mum and dad .......well you have told us about your brother being ill and on new meds .so guess they are very stressed as well Emma .
It is hard on all of you ...and last night you got the brunt of their distress maybe . Not nice ....but you understand I am sure . It hurts though .xx

Em.ma
10-11-11, 16:25
Thanks. I understand yes. We have two smoke alarms. one on the landing. one near the kicthcen :)
Last year my dad went up in loft and it was squirrels. so not sure if there still there but all i see is sparrows. I know what you mean it was on the one show about squirrels once and my mind went into overdrive but honestly i had even thought about it before.
It hurts yes. Not the first time my mum has been like before though and i guess i just have to try to "deal" with it. x

theharvestmouse
10-11-11, 16:50
sometimes house sparrows will roost in the eaves of the house or under in a little gap in the brickwork, they do not do any harm.

mikewales
10-11-11, 17:59
Sparrows wont have made the cracks, they would have already been there. Sparrows also nest in the eaves of houses, or build their nests in cracks, not in the actual loft. Even if they did they wouldn't cause any harm.

Fires in lofts are normally caused by rodents gnawing electrical cables, but with modern fuse boxes and trip switches, this is pretty rare.

Don't worry about it, and just be happy they have chosen your house to nest at as they are getting more scarce now

Em.ma
11-11-11, 15:50
Thank you both. hepled a lot. cant help but worry as squireels were there last year and today above me/last night i heard bang/bang/bang. proberly jusy mt imgnation/nothing

Em.ma
14-11-11, 16:09
I keep hearing bangs from the loft and like metal dropping. i fear the squirrel from last year is back lol.

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

am getting a bit shaky about sleeping tonight cause of the squirrel dad found last year and the noise i hear at night, things dropping, bangs etc. the birds make a differnt noise near the outside and in the morning.

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

dad said he saw it last year but didnt get rid of it. squirrels can cause fires if they chew the wiring and i can defo hear things dropping- its not me as when im anxious i dont even hear it. :(