PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 on Paroxetine

ReneV
10-11-11, 19:19
Hi, I took my first dose of 20mg this morning and was wondering what are the common complaints with this medicine and at what period into the course of treatment would I expect them. Would i get side effect after just 1 dose?? I was on escitalopram previously and never really did stomach the side effects especially with indigestion and stomach problems.

I have to say that at the moment I feel a lot less of my anxiety..BUT (lol) a few mis interpreted side effects could change all that!! I felt very tired about an hour after taking my tablet this morning, so I had a quick power nap and woke up refreshed and charged. It's coming towards the end of the evening and it's around this time of day that I really do struggle with my anxiety. Shockingly I feel calm, surely one 20mg pill in my body could not have made an impact like that already.

Can anyone remember there first dose and any experiences they experienced.

Would appreciate the help, thank you for reading.

haz
10-11-11, 19:33
You might not experience ANY side effects!! Don't go looking for them. I was put on Seroxat 15 years ago and I honestly can't recall any signifcant problems. Hopefully you will experience no or mild side effects if any. Imagination is a very powerful thing. I should know as my imagination is very over-active! :) x

Humly
10-11-11, 19:49
Hi. I also was on these years ago and I didnt have any side effects whatsoever that I can recall.This was the first time I had ever taken anti d's. Just started taking them and a few weeks later felt great. Hang on to that good feeling and you will be fine. Strangely, I started to feel better even before I even took my first tablet - just knowing that I had something that was going to help me made a difference.

ReneV
10-11-11, 19:57
You might not experience ANY side effects!! Don't go looking for them. I was put on Seroxat 15 years ago and I honestly can't recall any signifcant problems. Hopefully you will experience no or mild side effects if any. Imagination is a very powerful thing. I should know as my imagination is very over-active! :) x

Thanks for your wise words. That's my problem in a way also, my mind is constantly scanning my body for anything that may feel out of place. Then it makes a very big deal about it.
One thing I have noticed is I'm feeling a little dizzy and now my mind has already picked up on it. Funny thing is dizziness has always played some part in my life of anxiety whether on medication or not! So why am I getting fearful it's a side effect to Paroxetine. :(

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Hi. I also was on these years ago and I didnt have any side effects whatsoever that I can recall.This was the first time I had ever taken anti d's. Just started taking them and a few weeks later felt great. Hang on to that good feeling and you will be fine. Strangely, I started to feel better even before I even took my first tablet - just knowing that I had something that was going to help me made a difference.

Thanks , that is reassuring to read. Look like I'm just over analyzing here, like I always do!

haz
10-11-11, 20:03
"Wise words" lol! Yeah, so everyone keeps telling me, just wish I could take my own advice!!

I think most people who suffer from anxiety over analyze things and that's part of the problem! Panic breeds panic!

Dizziness is a common symptom of anxiety!

Take care. :) x

Humly
10-11-11, 20:06
Dont worry. I'm exactly the same - over analyse everything.

ReneV
13-11-11, 21:14
Update: 3 days into this and I have to say I'm feeling alot less anxious.
I starting to feel like I want to do things again, I went for a 30 minute walk and experienced minimal anxiety. Not bad for 3 days.
Side effects...well since start of day 2 on this I have been having quite bad on and off headaches.
Don't know if it's the tablets or tension in my neck! Bloody painful stuff. Little concerned of knocking back too many ibuprofen with SSRI's so theirs times when I'm in a bit of pain.
Definitely feel like something's going on inside my head with these tablets in my system

haz
14-11-11, 00:46
Glad you're feeling a bit better. I get "tension" headaches as I hold a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders due to anxiety.

Hope you continue to improve. Keep us posted.

Take care. x

julieannboo
29-11-11, 17:21
Seroxat is a bad, bad drug. i cannot state this enough. i have been on it for 12 years. it is very hard to come off of it once you start taking it.

i can't believe after all the independent findings the drug companies are still giving this drug to people. it all about the $$$$$$.

it just masks depression and anxiety - it doesn't cure it. it makes people stagnant and lazy too.

for anixety and depression the best thing is to see a therapist. these antidepressant drugs do not help people.

i started tapering july to come off of this and at best i can hope to be off of it in 12 months time. now i am in withdrawal i am experiencing, health anxiety. this is nothing compared to it i just stopped taking it - the head zaps are the worst.
People who have never experienced tinnitus before in their lives have had this condition when stopping cold turkey.

i am not alone and i am not an exception to the bad withdrawal that seroxat or paxil has when you decide to stop taking the drug.(USA name).

please go to paxilprogress.org.

if i knew what i knew then i would have never gone on to this drug.

i cannot stress enough to reconsider before taking this drug.

it is bad.

best of luck. x