PDA

View Full Version : Break down at work

miss maxwell
10-11-11, 20:50
:weep::weep: I had the worse day today. I went to work as usual and got stuck underground on a pack train for as little as five minutes. I hate being on trains as it is and being stuck on one was hell. I couldnt sit as all the seats was taken and as I stood there I could feel my blood boiling and my heart racing all I wanted to do was get off the train. By the time I got to my stop it felt like every thing was closing in on me and I had no where to hide. I felt boxed in when I was outside in a big open space. I just wanted to run home and call in sick but my problem was that mean I would have to go back on a train to get there:lac: and there was no way I was doing that.
my second thought was to go into work sit upstairs calm down and try brave the rest of the day. (this option I took). I wasn't on the shop floor for no more then 30 minutes before I was begging to go upstairs cos I was gonna pass out. I've had panic attacks but none like this one I wasn't hyper ventilating I was short of breath, my chest felt tight, I felt dizzy, everything was closing in on me harmless thing I was seeing as a threat to me smell noises and I was shaking I couldn't stop it my hand and body was doing their own thing. I've been over powered by my attacks before but nothing like this. I've never felt so helpless I felt eyes on me even when I was alone. am I going crazy? I think I'm going mad.
Someone help me let me know if you have felt like this.
I'm still feeling the affects of the attack early and I feel like I haven't re covered from it.

Anxious_gal
11-11-11, 00:00
No nO that's all very normal!
I would panic too as I can't stand feeling trapped , also when you get anxious or panic you can't tolerate certain things , like noise , light etc. . You just want to go some where safe so you can calm down and relax.
I've often got overwhelmed , most of time I have to leave or go somewhere alone just to try n chill out.

hello
11-11-11, 04:19
hello!

it just sounds like a panic attack

some times for me light appears weird on detailed objects like you can't quite focus properly (the contrast of the details edges set against the background), eyes feel strained etc, this creates a obscure feeling, i think its from having too much oxygen in the blood, the shortness of breath and tight chest feeling usually IS hyperventilation, hyperventilation just means over breathing (as in taking in more oxygen then required)

Also fluorescent lighting plays absolute havoc (like they have on a shop floor), makes me feel alot worse and "weirded out".

i get the feeling of passing out also, i know is is VERY unpleasant, it usually comes hand in hand with feeling weirded out and not being able to focus on anything and tight chest, never have actually passed out from it mind!

also the shaking, i probably hate that the most, it's sometimes been quite intense, whole body, i usually get that when the panic attack is quite servere.

don't worry your not going mad, people who are mad don't have the capacity to question if they are or not, they just are - nuts!

miss maxwell
11-11-11, 22:09
Thanks for the replies, it's reassuring that others have this. BOY!!!! It did freak me out. When I went into work today everyone was worried and walking on egg shells around me:doh: But on the plus side it's a sign to they care:)