PDA

View Full Version : Again, ovarian cancer anxiety.

Damnath
10-11-11, 22:29
I don't know why as I wasn't searching for it, but I stumbled upon a page with the symptoms testimonies from several women who had/have this type of cancer...

and now I can't stop thinking about how I -must- have it.

I am only 21 (almost 22) years old but have been casually getting a nausea/bloated stomach feeling and some lower abdominal/back pain. Nothing too extreme but it's really worrying me, and the more I think about it, the more I seem to feel it.

I have some really great weeks, like the one my mother came visit, during which I swear I felt no pain at all, and now I am starting to feel weary and ill again.

:(

zippy
10-11-11, 22:35
me too i have convinced myself i have this because of a late period and stomach issues,loose bowels,stomach pains and i feel like somethings by my left ovary. Stupid google i am in a right state and getting worse i feel like i am dying. Got an appointment in the morning with my doc and if she says its in my head i will have to ask for some meds to calm me down.

michelleon21
14-11-11, 03:29
Hiya, hope you don't mind me replying but I just thought I'd share my experince to hopefully reassure you both. I was the same as you getting all of the symptoms and irregular bleeding and I kept on going to the drs but they just brushed off so I decided to pay for my own abdominal scan which I was dreading as I had convinced myself it was cancer as I had the symptoms for over 6 months. So I had my scan and everything was absolutely fine I still get the symptoms now but I know it's just irregular periods :) anyway I hope this helps. But I defibetly understand that you need the evidence yourself to believe it tho x

Lanesra
14-11-11, 13:45
Hey hun, all I can say is stay strong and go to the docs to put your mind at rest.

I had food poisoning just over a week ago, the sickness and tummy problems only lasted just over a day but were bad enough to irritate my food pipe and make it bleed. Since then I have been ok but not felt quite right in my stomach and have only managed 2 meals a day.
Last Monday I fell over in the car park at work and had a few cuts and bruises!
On Thurs morning I noticed a pain in my lower, right abdomen that I have never experienced before and immediately panicked that it was appendicitis but it didn't get worse and only seems to hurt when I move so am looking for reassurance that this is most likely a strained muscle from the vomiting or my fall as opposed to Ovarian cancer!

Prior to this pain I have had problems with UTIs and my bladder (kidney and bladder ultrasound came back fine) and a change in my bowel habit (sigmoidoscopy came back fine) and GP put it down to diet. I am due to have a blood test tomorrow as GP wants to check for Diabetes and Thyroid but now I desperately want to ask them to check for Ovarian cancer as I know that can be diagnosed by a blood test.

I'm incredibly annoyed with myself, I have been on Citalopram for 5 weeks now and haven't had anxiety symptoms since it kicked in and I have also been having Hypnotherapy which has helped me relax. I really thought I was doing well but am now worried due to this pain near my right ovary, change in bowel habit and bladder issues now that I've read they can all be symptoms of Ovarian cancer :-( I'm 25 and on Cerazette which means I don't have a period so I don't get the same ovulation pains I used to before I started it so I can't even put it down to my cycles! :-(

I've read a few threads on here and most people have described your symptoms for their worries but have been fine so just see your GP, let them know what you're worried about and that alone will be a huge weight off your shoulders. Xx